EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » The Message

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Message
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone is interested, the movie "The Message" with Anthony Quinn will be on tv tomorrow night at 8pm on MBC 2.

Anyone seen it before? Comments? I know it's an oldie, but have never seen it.

Laura

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laura it is wonderful, watch it, get hankies [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is very good, watch it if you get the chance, the English version is different (also in actors) from the Arabic version. I have the movie on DVD but it doesn't have Arabic subtitles so it's good for the hubby to follow along. I love the way it's filmed, excellent film.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salam Laura,

It's a really wonderful movie! I have the DVD and in the behind the scenes they explain that the Prophet Mohamed is actually a camera - really clever way to film it. It was so moving to see what the Sahaba went through for the sake of Allah.... makes your heart weep!

I agree with Ayisha... get hankies!

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so disappointed!

Was all psyched up to watch the movie tonight, got snacks and hankies ready, turned on the tv and what do I see. WOODY ALLEN!

Seems MBC screwed up their online schedule, and advertised it at wrong time. When I looked at the daily program schedule it had aired this morning at 6am.

*haih*

I will just get the DVD and then I can watch it anytime, a7san!

*sniff sniff*

Hope everyone had a wonderful first day of EID, I did [Smile]

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rented Basic instinct 2 last night, made myself popcorn and had a cold cola with to bed and watched it on my tv in my bedroom.
It was a very ok movie. 8 on a scale to 10.

Posts: 528 | From: Denmark | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Dirty Dancing..............again, still gets a 10/10 from me [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
I am so disappointed!

Was all psyched up to watch the movie tonight, got snacks and hankies ready, turned on the tv and what do I see. WOODY ALLEN!

Seems MBC screwed up their online schedule, and advertised it at wrong time. When I looked at the daily program schedule it had aired this morning at 6am.

*haih*

*sniff sniff*

[Frown] If you manage to get the DVD they are available with two discs in the same pack - Arabic and English. I got mine from Virgin Megastores London.. maybe the one in Cairo will be the same.

MBC had an amazing circus show yesterday. I think it was Cirque du Soleil/Alegria

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Lucky ME!! My nephew found the movie online and downloaded it for me. It finished downloading this morning so will watch it tonight. Will also have him burn it for me so I can take back to Alex.

I love the Cirque Du SOleil! Used to watch their shows back in the states, and even went to see them when they were in Orlando.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
I am so disappointed!

*haih*

*sniff sniff*

yes The Curse of the Jade Scorpion, I saw that, funny [Big Grin] I'm glad you got to see it after all though, Happy Eid to you dear Laura! [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ispy
Member # 5871

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ispy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the best music ever

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d9oX5Q2ftmA

Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com