EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Mashkalny

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mashkalny
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExoGNzasw9o

Does anyone know where to find the english translation for this song?

Many thanks in advance [Smile]

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will appreciate an arabic translation too.
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LaZeeZ:
I will appreciate an arabic translation too.

LOL [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Is this the Arabic translation? [Razz]

Laura can your hubby translate for you?

مشكلني حبك يا روح الروح مشكلني
واتعبني قلبك مع الحساد اتعبني
يا ما نصحتك وقلتلك كانك تحبني
ابعد عن الشر يا عمري وغنيله

إذا نصحتك يا ريت تسمعني وتراعي
لا تشتكيني هلي لا تلوي ذراعي
هذا الوفا والصراحةساس اطباعي
واويلي قلبي من أطباعك أيا ويله

هيهات أنا انسى هواك ساكن بوجداني
يعزف على أوتار قلبي هيظ أشجاني
حتى المشاعر حكتلك انت شي ثاني
انت المحب إلى لا ما يصح تبديله

طيفك يلاحق عيوني وين أروح ألقاه
الله عليك يا حبيبي يا سلام الله
أهواك وأهوا وجودك يا الغلى أهواه
وإذا ابتعد يا هنا بالي شو أسويله

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you forgot the first verse that's the one I wish to understand in particular
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't think they were words [Confused] Sounded like a group of men on a Friday night after a few too many drinks......
Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
you forgot the first verse that's the one I wish to understand in particular

hehe.. I had never heard this song before but after seeing the clip, let me give you some explanation. What they are singing in the beginning is actually a brilliant compilation of Arabic words that sound all the same but have different meanings in the sentence they used.

First of all, you need to know that Arabs sing: "Daani ya dana" or "dana ya dana" like we sing "ya 3een ya leel", or like Westerners sing: "Shooby doo" or "la la la la" for example. But the use of the word Dana comes from the old Arabic tradition (of the pre-oil times) where the only source of income for Arabs was diving for pearls in the Persian (Arab) Gulf. They would be on the boat singing: "Ah ya dana ya dana, dani ya dana"
, and a Dana means the perfectly rounded biggest pearl of all, which is the most expensive one to sell. Of course they were calling on the Dana to catch it and make their day. [Wink]

Now, in Classical Arabic, you have the verbs: "Dani", which means "come close", and "Daana", which means "came close", but also "Adaana" means to prove someone guilty.

So he played with all those words, as well as the fact that you can just hum "Dana ya dana" without any actual meaning in the context, to sing: "I accuse that pearl who came too close to me of being guilty, and if you (meaning himself or those who would try to) come too close you're in trouble! Keep away from trouble and sing for it!!"

Literally:

Yo daan daan elly dani, dani ya weeloh, 2x
wetha daana 'lly dana, dana wa weeloh!
Eb3ed 3an elly daan ya dani, daan wa weeloh,
Eb3ed 3an eshar ya 3omryyy w'ghnneeloh"

Now can anyone translate the rest please? I have to go out now.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Not Sleepless for posting the lyrics [Smile]

And, thanks MK for this translation.

I like the song alot, just something about it [Smile]

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

shaklek betshtaghaleeni ya MK
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
shaklek betshtaghaleeni ya MK

I'm not even sure what betshtaghaleeni means (remember, I've been too long away from Egypt and I don't understand the latest slang anymore [Frown] ), but it does sound like you're saying: "You're pulling my leg" or something.

I mean, ya lahwi, do you really think I would spend 10 minutes of my precious ES time making up this long explanation?

"Dana" [Razz] Mk ya LaZeeZ, not Sono!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com