EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Lotfy Boshnaq - Tunisia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lotfy Boshnaq - Tunisia
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know of a site where you can download songs from this singer?

Thanks
Laura

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.mazikana.com/online/english/index.php?display=songs&singer=1433&album=418
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahhhhhhh Ya LaZeeZ, shukran kateer awi awi awi [Smile]

I didn't know he is Bosnian, till few minutes ago. I think he also did some song in memory of those killed in Sarajevo. Do you know of this song, and a link?

PS If any of you love the song Al Helm Alarabi , its on the link LaZeeZ provided above [Smile]

PPSS There is also a 10th Anniversary edition of the song Al Helm Alarabi just released titled Al Dameer Alarabi.

ARAB DREAMS RESURRECTED

Director Tarek El-Erian and lyricist Ahmed El-Erian are currently applying the final touches to their operetta Al-Dameer Al-Arabi (The Arab Conscience). The production boasts big names from across the Arab world including Hany Shaker, Mohammed Mounir, Nancy Agram, Elissa, Wael Kaffoury and Latifa. Pictured (L-R): Music producer Adel Haqqi, Ahmed El-Erian and Syrian diva Assalah with husband Tarek El-Erian.

http://www.egypttoday.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=6920

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's another link :
http://6arab.com/singers-ar/west/lo6fi-ar.shtml

This my first time to know he is Bosnian not Tunisian

I only know one of his songs which made him famous in the arab world 'Lamoni'. That's all

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an inside source for all this stuff LaZeeZ lol, but am like the carpenter who has no front door when it comes to online resources. [Big Grin]

Lotfy's parents immigrated to Tunisia during the civil war in the mid 1900's

Thanks for the additional link.

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Another Link:
http://www.farfesh.com/display.x?cid=18&sid=29&id=5136

Well I searched for Lotfy's biography and all I found said he was born in Tunisia in 1952 and frankly I can't belive he mastered Arabic and Tnisian accent in few months since he has many arabic songs and Tunisian as I saw since early 90s.

Laura
Member # 879

Yes, he was born in Tunisia, but both his parents are Bosnian. About his accent, I have no idea [Smile]
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

I read it 1990 not 1900 and I thought you were talking about the Bosnian war that time which didn't make sense to me.

My bad, sorry.

Laura
Member # 879

It's ok, you were making me wonder..what???? lol

Hope you get your *sports [Wink] * forum [Smile]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lotfy Boshnaq Bosnian? Impossible!

He's as Tunisian as sin.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

MK Boushnak is not a Tunisian family name, it's Bosnian. As I said before, he was born in Tunis, but his family roots are not Tunisian, they are Bosnian.
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
MK Boushnak is not a Tunisian family name, it's Bosnian.

But Bushnaq sounds so much like a Northern African name.

Bu = Abu in the way Algerians, Moroccans and Tunisians would pronounce it.
Shnaq = sounds like it originates from the Arabic word shanaqa, means to hang, pronounced again in the Northern African dialect.

But okay who am I to argue. I know nothing about the man except that his voice alone could have put down the twin towers.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Hey BTW, is this song she's dancing on originally his?

BEAUTIFUL song! I love the lyrics!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dwI8umILxM

Laura
Member # 879

First just let me say that all this info I get from my husband..I don't know a thing about him myself. I had been searching online for some of his songs (Lamoni in particular) because my H loves that song so much. After LaZeeZ's help, I have to agree, his voice and music is wonderful!

His name is a dirivative of Bosniak. He was here a couple of years ago for the Arab Music Festival and at that time sang the song Sarajevo. He stated at that time that he was singing this song for his family who came from Bosnia.

Now for the song Lamoni..H translated it for me, at least most of it and I agree, beautiful lyrics.

We had to watch that clip 20 times, and when I asked him if it (Lamoni) was his originally, he said he would have to see the entire clip before he would answer [Big Grin]

I'm guessing it is [Smile]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
^^ Oh I've just had a memory clip of him shouting his guts out: "khoooooooooooooooodoooooooo aini shoooofoooo beeeeHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA". When I was still living with my parents, my mom listened to him all the time. She is a big fan too.

Let me explain the lyrics for those who are on romantic mode:

"They blamed me, those who were jealous of me..
They asked me what do you like in her..
I replied; if you really want to know..
Take my eye and see with it.."

A serious case of love.

Lovely!

Although I hate it when I stumble upon the weak-for-sweet-talk cells in me, I have to admit that our culture of songs and literature is the most romantic one there is. Compared to it, Western cultures are so cold and heartless!

No wonder the gigolos have their ways. [Wink]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
A version with Nawal singing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHvQWjAXtB4&NR

Laura
Member # 879

ya "romantic intee" [Razz]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
ya "romantic intee"

[Razz]
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

MK and romantic in the same sentence?
[Confused]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by LaZeeZ:
[Confused]

LaZeeZ, my hubby adores me for the attitude.

He is eternally thankful that he doesn't have to buy me flowers, talk for hours, have dinner on candle light, and all that crap.

For a romantic evening, we'd go bowling.

I even fall asleep as soon as he does. [Cool]

I'm every man's dream. [Big Grin]

Âutomatic For The People
Member # 12634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Âutomatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
quote:
[Confused]

He is eternally thankful that he doesn't have to buy me flowers, talk for hours, have dinner on candle light, and all that crap.

For a romantic evening, we'd go bowling.

I even fall asleep as soon as he does. [Cool]

I'm every man's dream. [Big Grin]

[Big Grin]
Posts: 465 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
^^ enta sa7y leeh?
Âutomatic For The People
Member # 12634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Âutomatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
quote:
[Confused]

LOL..... I just had to read this again

You know something, you the female version of me [Big Grin]

Posts: 465 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com