EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » 300

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 300
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mother recently saw this movie in the states and said the EXACT same thing about it, did anyone else hear about it or see it yet?

Beware of Greek movies bearing bad history and jingoistic subtexts:

Visually and aesthetically, 300 is an impressive movie. Unfortunately, it is also a jingoistic bastardization of history that, intended or not, reinforces our cultural prejudices against Iran and the Middle East.

http://www.gregfelton.com/movies/2007_04_12.htm

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
REFRESH.

Has nobody seen this movie? [Confused]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes I did

the move was sooo nice, but it has nothing to do with history, plus lets not forget that the story of the 300 hundread, and what happened, is told by herodotus , whos stories tend to exadurate alot, and sometimes doesnt difrentiate between legends and reality,
for me it was like seeing another troy like movie,
and yes ofcourse the movie intentionally trying to slander the image of Iran,
but other than that it is a nice go to bed movie, with very coool graphics , "SHBAAARtaaaaans, GEEEET READY FOR GAALOOOOORRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY "

--------------------
Waleed
Welsafty@hotmail.com

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what I think really happened, is that those 300 hundred و who ware actually only trying to defend the pass, ware surprised by the Persians , and ware slaughtered like pigs, and didn’t pull any struggle,
And the whole thing about them fighting bravely is only a legend to inspire the rest of Greeks to resist, (Don’t let the Kings sacrifice go in vain)

--------------------
Waleed
Welsafty@hotmail.com

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

So it sounds like it might be worth at least seeing. [Smile] Thanks for the feedback Welsafty. [Smile]
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
You will love the movie, but be aware , there is alot of blood in it. and no history.

--------------------
Waleed
Welsafty@hotmail.com

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Ohhh good, just the way I like my movies!
[Razz]
[Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com