EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Miss Universe 2007 Competition!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Miss Universe 2007 Competition!!!!
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss Egypt Ehsan Hatem introduces herself in her national costume during the Miss Universe pageant in Mexico City May 20, 2007.

-

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070520/ids_photos_en/r2290143560.jpg

More about Ehsan incl. pics:

http://www.missuniverse.com/delegates/2007/files/EG.html

Check out all the beauties and give your vote for your favourite:

http://tv.telemundo.yahoo.com/missuniverse/contestants/index.html

On 28 May the new Miss Universe will be crowned! Mark that day in your calendars!!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The current Miss Universe is from my country,Puerto Rico.
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, just another way men exploit women....beauty contests further serve to help keep woman in a position that beauty is the only asset that woman have. Yes, I know they have talent contests and all that, but its just a filler to help woman delude themselves in to believing that what they do is important. I feel this is demeaning to woman. SWYS,Citizen, Catapillar whats your thoughts on this??? Agree or Disagree and if you disagree lets hear your opinion..
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sumbula2
Member # 11665

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sumbula2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Miss Egypt Ehsan Hatem introduces herself in her national costume during the Miss Universe pageant in Mexico City May 20, 2007.

-

oh, is that the egyptian national costume? thats funny, looks more like something out of a picture book from the pharoahs.

lame man, thats not what egyptian women wear, not even in "traditional" settings like villages.

On 28 May the new Miss Universe will be crowned! Mark that day in your calendars!!!!

Posts: 140 | From: TX | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:
yes, just another way men exploit women....beauty contests further serve to help keep woman in a position that beauty is the only asset that woman have. Yes, I know they have talent contests and all that, but its just a filler to help woman delude themselves in to believing that what they do is important. I feel this is demeaning to woman. SWYS,Citizen, Catapillar whats your thoughts on this??? Agree or Disagree and if you disagree lets hear your opinion..

I agree, some like to say 'well it also helps with scholarships, etc.', hmmm interesting the men don't need this. This is right along the same logic in Islam that a woman is queen of her home. Gag.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:

Hello, Rumi! I definitely believe that women are still judged too often on how they look, while men are judged on what they do. This is changing though and it can be argued that beauty contests do nothing to address this. I honesty think they have little relevance. They are so dull that few people even watch.

Beauty has always been and will always be prized by society. Ultimately, if the women contestants themselves are happy with this, it's up to them. Look how much good work they do for 'charity'! [Razz] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wahali
Member # 13550

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wahali     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not really impressed by Miss Egypt this year.

I'm rooting for Miss Tanzania actually.

I love the current Miss Universe, Miss Puerto Rico. What a sexy hot beauty.

--------------------
Tomorrow is not promised, so let us choose love.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rumicrazyluv...I agree with you, my heart sinks when i see these things, as if there isnt enough pressure oon women to try and look a certain way as it is, lets make them all line up and compare them to each other and pick the one we like the best...

What is the big achievement after all? that you're pleasing to the eye? that you turn men on?

if you look at how much good it does and weigh it up against the global negativity to women trying to be something they think they should be day in and day out, then what actually IS the point?

Wahali...I'm rooting for miss 'put on a few pounds' this year...walahi i am [Big Grin]

lets see normal kick arse women that do amazing things to help improve the planet, and i dont mean put on a silly hat and a swimsuit!

I wanna see Miss 'green recycling solar powered inventor chick'

and Miss 'fosters all the homeless kids'

Miss 'saved an endangered species today'

and finally...

Miss 'reverse global warming, whilst hugging a polar bear'

feed them some more pies! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Photo Gallery of the contestants:

http://gallery.elpasotimes.com/photoweek/missuniverse07/

Tonight is the night - good luck to all girls!!!!

[Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And i hope after this they all go and start to eat again.........size 0 is disgusting !!! any man who finds that ''bag of bones look'' attractive or sexy is seriously sick in the head....my god some people who from poor places that hardly have any food for weeks have better figures than these girls YUK !!
GO EAT something i say LOL.....

Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The current Miss Universe,from Puerto Rico,has packed some significant kilos after she won and believe me she looks a lottttt better now!
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Japanese beauty wins Miss Universe 2007

1 hour, 54 minutes ago

MEXICO CITY (AFP) - Japanese beauty model Riyo Mori was crowned
Miss Universe 2007 at the global beauty contest here Monday, defeating 77 other candidates from around the world.

Mori, 20, clasped her hands and trembled with joy as she received the crown from last year's winner, Zuleyka Rivera of Puerto Rico.

"I'm really happy, I cannot believe it yet," said Mori, whose ambition is to open an international dance school.

Second place went to Natalia Guimaraes, 22, from Brazil. The second runner-up was Ly Jonaitis, 21, from Venezuela.

Ningning Zhang from China, 20, won the Miss Congeniality award, while Anna Theresa Licaros, 22, from the Philippines, was chosen Miss Photogenic.

US real estate magnate Donald Trump rented Mexico City's National Auditorium for the contest.

In the days leading up to the final selection
Miss USA Rachel Smith endured boos from the public because of her country's attitude toward Mexicans living there.

Miss Mexico was also the subject of controversy, over her required regional dress, which depicted a late 1920s religious rebellion, complete with scenes of the rebels being hanged.

On Wednesday, a jury selected the 15 finalists, who paraded in cocktail dresses, gowns and bathing suits.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070529/ts_afp/lifestylemexicowomencontest_070529042640

Omedetou (Contgratulations) to Riyo!!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Altough I am surprised that an Asian woman became the finalist....

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by murray-mint77:
And i hope after this they all go and start to eat again.........size 0 is disgusting !!! any man who finds that ''bag of bones look'' attractive or sexy is seriously sick in the head....my god some people who from poor places that hardly have any food for weeks have better figures than these girls YUK !!
GO EAT something i say LOL.....

Actually I doubt that any of the contestants has a size O, look at the pics I provided. These women look healthy, feminine figures, bodies to die for. What you are talking about is the models in the fashion business and yes here I have to agree with you. We covered this issue with various topics already on ES.
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry i disagree tigerlilly, this is too skinny...

http://gallery.elpasotimes.com/photoweek/missuniverse07/1776517_4[1].shtml

and this too:

http://gallery.elpasotimes.com/photoweek/missuniverse07/1776473_4[1].shtml

http://gallery.elpasotimes.com/photoweek/missuniverse07/1776466_4[1].shtml

not gonna go on, but i have always been naturally very slim (until the last year of egyptian cooking!) and even when i was slim my arms were never boney...you can always tell someone is too skinny by their arms.

not only that, but you say bodies 'to die for' isn't that the point we are making? what good do these contest do for normal people, make them think that they should look THIS way if they are to be considered beautiful?
Most of these women have teenage bodies...why would a grown woman need to aspire to look like a teenager?
and for younger women, teenagers, how awful that they would have to aspire to this? I see them in town looking sooooo skinny, its such a shame.

You are right, all of these women are beautiful, but why do we need to see them naked to appreciate their beauty? have you noticed that the audience are mostly men...is it not just a way of men getting a cheap thrill? where is the beauty in that?

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Caterpillar, none of these women you posted a link to looks *starved*, you don't see single rips or the collarbones sticking out. If this would be the case, yes this would look unhealthy.

As a woman I don't have a problem with watching beauty contests like that; I don't feel threatened by all these gorgeous looking women (I am me and personally I think I look great meaning I don't have any self-confidence problems) neither I support the thought that women are getting degraded by showing off their beauty and other assets.

And remember contestants have to present not only great-looking and healthy bodies - the best combination of beauty, brain and personality will receive the ultimate award of being Miss Universe.

You might not be aware but every year also various male beauty pageants are being held worldwide. So it's not only a woman thing.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, how about Mr. World 2007? Juan García Postigo, Mister Spain 2006, won this year's competition.

-

What do you think about his pic? He's almost naked too. Do you feel its degrading men in general?

And here is another link, showing him wiping his tears away after he received the award which I find quite cute (even men are allowed to cry sometimes! [Wink] )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqg5NB2sr8w

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh you could bounce a quarter off of that mans stomach! [Eek!]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Tigerlilly, what i find degrading is the fact that people have to be judged on their physical appearance, if it was about talent as you say then why would they need to wear a bikiniat all? I dont feel threatened at all by these pictures, like i said, i have been slim my whole life, what i feel when i look at these pictures (including the male ones) is sad...

I used to wear the skimpiest of clothing to be honest and it wasnt until i learned about Islam that i realised how sad it was, if i had a nice body why would i need to show everybody?, in our society nothing is private anymore, that is what i'm sad about, sad that these pagents reinforce the idea that to be accepted as beautiful, attractive, sexy you need to take your clothes off, have perfect proportions, no stretchmarks and a washboard stomach. [Frown]

murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too i do not feel threatened by any woman especially not these girls who go into these contests for their apparent beauty.There are more beautiful women on the streets in any given town/country.....And i have no time for envy......

But looking thru some of their photos it was evident that most are way below a healthy BMI !!

As CAT states kids and young women are looking up to people in the lime light and wanting to emulate them for the sake of beauty.....Its bad for their health thats all.

If u would like to see what i class as too skinny check out
miss Columbia , miss Dom Rep , miss Serbia , miss Albania , miss Isreal to name a few.....Some were ok i admit but i just flicked thru a few and mostly came up with underweight young women... [Frown]

Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do they all still want world peace and to work with charities!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissJambi
Member # 13261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissJambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that photo of liss egypt looked absolutely ridiculous. that costume was so gaudy...i would have made it a slinky light shiny gold cleopatra dress that bunched up in the middle and fanned out down the center in sheer gold fabric with long hair and a simple gold snake headband and fanned sleeves. but then again, she was probably designed and dressed by some arab dude with ridiculously high islamic standards.
ew ew ew ew ew!!!

Posts: 229 | From: florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmmmm.....Juan García Postigo.....HARAM! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] :
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ [Wink] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mad Hatter
Member # 13599

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mad Hatter         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caterpillar:
Tigerlilly, what i find degrading is the fact that people have to be judged on their physical appearance, if it was about talent as you say then why would they need to wear a bikiniat all? I dont feel threatened at all by these pictures, like i said, i have been slim my whole life, what i feel when i look at these pictures (including the male ones) is sad...

I used to wear the skimpiest of clothing to be honest and it wasnt until i learned about Islam that i realised how sad it was, if i had a nice body why would i need to show everybody?, in our society nothing is private anymore, that is what i'm sad about, sad that these pagents reinforce the idea that to be accepted as beautiful, attractive, sexy you need to take your clothes off, have perfect proportions, no stretchmarks and a washboard stomach. [Frown]

Caterpillar!! My friend!! So good to see you here too.
Posts: 20 | From: Alice's Tea Party | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Hello Mr/Mrs Mad...and who might you be then? do we get any clues?
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:

-

I just looked at this photo again, this costume is horrible, I'll bet this girl was embarrassed to wear it. It looks like an amateur sewed it together in about 5 hours...
[Roll Eyes]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Altough I am surprised that an Asian woman became the finalist....

!!
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Hallo MK! You obviously don't follow the miss universe competition. Look back at the history of winning contestants. That Riyo Mori became this year's finalist was really surprising.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com