EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » ES Movie Reviews (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ES Movie Reviews
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is for all the wannabe film critics (myself included). Have fun reviewing any movie(s) you saw. It is common courtesy to avoid spoiling the movie as many members probably haven't seen the flick you are reviewing.
Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 13 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Movie: Hostel part 2

Genre: Horror

Star Rating: Two Thumbs Down

Gore! Gore! Gore! I did not like this movie at all. It did not scare, frighten or even make me flinch. One scene did manage to turn my stomach though. My advice stay away from this adolescent bloody (literally) crap. Mr. Tarantino (Quentin) you did an awful job. Lauren German was looking kind of hot imho.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sumbula2
Member # 11665

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sumbula2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what scary movie is out right now and is absolutely amazing?

I LOVED IT. and it didnt have any of that disgusting torture, gore junk. It was actually scary- I took my Egyptian with me (who hates horror) and he loved it.

Posts: 140 | From: TX | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sumbula2:

I LOVED IT. and it didnt have any of that disgusting torture, gore junk. It was actually scary- I took my Egyptian with me (who hates horror) and he loved it.

I saw the DVD, I know, I know, how could i have seen it on DVD and it's still in the movies. [Big Grin] It was good, the story was definitely different. You are right though it is a repreive from the gore direction that Hollywood took for the past 2-3 years.

Thing is the Japanese have won my heart when it comes to Horror movies and i don't think Hollywood could ever match such horror.

The DVD i saw tonight was Perfect Stranger

Staring Bruce Willis and Halle Berry. The movie was awful. It's like the director lost his way the first 90 minutes of the movie and then he rushed for the remaining 15 minutes to make a climax and conclusion. A very boring movie, stay away.

Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not really reviewing. My son just saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean and Harry Potter. He said they were both great!
Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 14 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Movie: Halloween (2007)
Directed by: Rob Zombie

The first part of this movie, which took us back to Michael Myer’s childhood years, was awesome. The characters and the acting were terrific and immediately from the opening scene this movie had the Rob Zombie feel to it. If any of you saw ‘The Devil’s Rejects’ then I’m sure you’ll understand.

Daeg Faerch who played a young Michael Myers was excellent and Rob Zombie managed to make us feel for even him, despite his psychopath tendencies. The murder scenes were world class and watching a young kid repeatedly bash an aluminum baseball bat on someone’s head was horrifying and will eventually become a classic.

If you are a Halloween fan, there is little to disappoint you with the 1st half of the movie. Sheri Moon who played Deborah Myers really did a good job and this is a woman who started life as a ‘groupie’ for her husband’s band. 37 years old and still looks hotter than ever, well in all scenes expect the ones in which she visited her son at the psychiatric ward. I think they intentionally made her look older there. Malcolm McDowell who played Dr.Loomis (Michael’s doctor) also pulled off a nice performance.

The second half of the movie which is basically a remake of the original score was just that a remake. This movie is about knowing Michael Myers and how this kid turned from a charming kid who loved his mother and baby sister to a cold blooded monster. Halloween (2007) answers a lot of questions regarding Michael. The infamous mask is answered as are many other questions, such as why Michael stopped talking.

Conclusions: Two Thumbs up [Big Grin]

From front: Daeg Faerch (young Myers), Rob Zombie (writer-director), Tyler Mane (Adult Myers w/mask)

-

trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtR9Fxz2lng

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your review of Halloween is exactly how I felt except the second half I found slow and boring. The main problem I had was with the teenage girls who were annoying. For the most part I actually cheered when most of them were killed by Myers. Other negative aspects were the lack of suspence or camera angles that set the atmosphere for most of the Halloween movies. Credit is due for Zombie's attempt to revive Michael Myers but honestly he needs a nice long rest in either a retirement home for slashers or hell. Please no more lousy sequels with rapper turned actos.

My favoriet scene invovled young Myers and the bully. If Zombie's Halloween had more creative kills such as that one scene I would have been more captivated. The movie was just average but was somewhat enjoyable up to the ending. Overall I would give this movie about three stars mainly upon the strength of the first half.
The second half is what makes the overall movie weak.

Let me interject that I hated the new Dr. Loomis and Malcom Mcdowell's preformance. You can never take the place of the original Dr. Loomis or actor who played him. The new Loomis was too shallow and vain. Mcdowell just does not have that edge like Pleasance did.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
The main problem I had was with the teenage girls who were annoying. For the most part I actually cheered when most of them were killed by Myers.

[Big Grin]

I haven't watched the movie yet.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're not missing much. At times I found the movie to be more of a unintentional comedy than a horror film. This movie really goes back to the 80's type slasher film.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Your review of Halloween is exactly how I felt except the second half I found slow and boring. The main problem I had was with the teenage girls who were annoying. For the most part I actually cheered when most of them were killed by Myers. Other negative aspects were the lack of suspence or camera angles that set the atmosphere for most of the Halloween movies. Credit is due for Zombie's attempt to revive Michael Myers but honestly he needs a nice long rest in either a retirement home for slashers or hell. Please no more lousy sequels with rapper turned actos.

My favoriet scene invovled young Myers and the bully. If Zombie's Halloween had more creative kills such as that one scene I would have been more captivated. The movie was just average but was somewhat enjoyable up to the ending. Overall I would give this movie about three stars mainly upon the strength of the first half.
The second half is what makes the overall movie weak.

Let me interject that I hated the new Dr. Loomis and Malcom Mcdowell's preformance. You can never take the place of the original Dr. Loomis or actor who played him. The new Loomis was too shallow and vain. Mcdowell just does not have that edge like Pleasance did.

The second half of the movie did indeed take away from the first half brilliance and it’s not even worth discussing, I think the movie ended the moment Michael escaped. It was like two different movies, with two completely different casts (except for Loomis).

I read that this is definitely the final installment of Halloween but Zombie is signed up for two additional movies. I think we can expect great things from him as a writer and director because the first half was excellent.

-

karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just downloaded all Halloween films, and Firday 13 too [Smile]
Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to see Run Fatboy Run on Thursday night.

http://www.runfatboyrunmovie.co.uk/

http://www.runfatboyrunmovie.com/
starring Sean Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz), directed by David Schwimmer.

Very funny, with tiny sad parts.

I always wonder how these very British films play out in other countries?

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by Oldbag:
I went to see Run Fatboy Run on Thursday night.

http://www.runfatboyrunmovie.co.uk/

http://www.runfatboyrunmovie.com/
starring Sean Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz), directed by David Schwimmer.

Very funny, with tiny sad parts.

I always wonder how these very British films play out in other countries?

Some of the best movies are British movies, especially polygram's movies and off the top of my head I could think of these great films:

Trainspotting
Shallow grave
Sliding doors
28 Days later

Ramesses
Member # 13179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramesses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MOVIE......[ 28 Weeks Later ]
YEAR.......[ 2007 ]
GENRE......[ Horror / Sci-Fi / Thriller ]
STORE DATE.[ 2007 ]

It All Begins Again

DIRECTOR: Juan Carlos Fresnadillo
CAST: Stephen Galaida, Robbie Shapiro, Mark Janis,Mark Lampert, Jon Bavier, Paul Schultz

Plot : Six months after the rage virus was inflicted on the population of the British Isles, the US Army helps to secure a small area of London for the survivors to repopulate and start again. But not everything goes to plan

-

Posts: 552 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, Ramesses, is *28 Weeks Later* worth watching? [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramesses
Member # 13179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramesses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well .. the movie is good but not as great as (28 days later) or may be because in the last 2 years i saw like 20 movies discussing the same idea so i dnt feel new [Smile]
any way u will not feel bored while watching this one

here is a link to the torrent for download :

http://www.mininova.org/tor/855102

Posts: 552 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
I went to see 'Evan Almighty' www.evanalmighty.com today.

A comedy staring Steve Carell (a very well-known member of the SNL league), Morgan Freeman, John Goodman and also Molly Shannon had a small part in it.

Well what can I say? It was similar to Bruce Almighty (remember Jim Carrey having supernatural powers and using them in a quite selfish way what God really dislikes). So in the beginning the movie wasn't any different. At one point Evan finally realized he was chosen as a 'modern Noah' by the Almighty to build an ark and so to save animals and humans before a devastating flood would strike which at the same time screwed with his work as newly elected congressman at Capitol Hill.

Anyway, the movie was funny, we had good laughs, my daughter knows now what an 'ark' is so it was educational for her at the same time. But as always sequels usually have it more difficult to match up (and forget about being better altogether) to the first movie so it wasn't any different here.

And I just like to mention this - I prefer Carell so much more in the 40 year old virgin flick now if he'd make a sequel to that I would jump with joy (perhaps because of the nature of the movie! [Razz] [Wink] !!!)

satanschild
Member # 14268

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for satanschild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
300 is one of the best films ever, awesome battle scenes with a killer sound track. It has to be my favourite film after Lord of the Rings.
Posts: 39 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
I watched the movie 'Parfume' two nights ago on Premiere Channel.

And to tell you the truth it's not a recommendable movie to watch before falling asleep; there were a lot of killings involved.

http://www.brightlightsfilm.com/58/58perfume.html

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0396171/

Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a little while i will watch No Country for Old Men. I did not know that this movie is officially ranked as the 19th Greatest Movie of All-Time. Wow!

The synopsis is: Set in West Texas, a man on the run with a suitcase full of money is pursued by a number of individuals.

Starring: Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin and Directed by the Cohen Brothers.

The Chicago Tribune's Matt Pais said this about the film: "No reason for you to skip this brilliant thriller."

Review coming up [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess no one wants a review [Big Grin] but I went to Bee movie with my little girl last week.
SHE had lots of fun... [Wink]

http://www.beemovie.com/

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched 'The Heartbreak Kid' last night and now I know why it was labeled 'R' ( R for strong sexual content, crude humor and language )!! [Big Grin]

Watch the trailer and more clips:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809769000/video/2885498

If you want a good laugh - go for it!!

Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ramesses:
well .. the movie is good but not as great as (28 days later) or may be because in the last 2 years i saw like 20 movies discussing the same idea so i dnt feel new [Smile]
any way u will not feel bored while watching this one

here is a link to the torrent for download :

http://www.mininova.org/tor/855102

Damn it I have been looking for that hyperlink for weeks. Great ebooks on that site.
Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Country for Old Men was an excellent movie with great acting. It was a unique movie and movie buffs will appreciate such a quality. It is basically about a guy hired to retrieve money that disappeared in a drug transaction that went bad.

The guy hired is Chigurh, played by Javier Bardem. Chigurh is without a doubt thee most despised psychopath on big screen. He walks around with a cattle gun. Yes a cattle gun. And for those of us that don’t know what a cattle gun is, it is a hose connected to a gas canister and at the tip of the hose a 4 inch steel rod releases with devastating force.

He uses this cattle gun in very creative ways – watch the movie to see just how. I can not remember that last time I felt so creeped out by a movie character. Chigurh with his cattle gun and creepy haircut managed to creep the hell out of me, right from the second scene.

There was one scene when I thought he spared the life of an innocent person – only to be grisly disappointed when he walked out the house and wiped his boots on a door mat – wiping his boots of blood.

This movie is different and I previously mentioned that IMDB ranks this movie as the 19th greatest movie of all time. It is a dark, humorless movie with no soundtrack. Characters in movies come and go – I assure you – you will remember Anton Chigurh.

This is Chigurh - a loathsome villain. Creepy haircut right?

-

Here is this psychopath with his cattle gun.

-

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I AM LEGEND: I thought the effects were great, hated the story line, I don't like virus type movies.

NEXT with Nicholas Cage, was GREAT, I really liked this! [Smile]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
I just finished watching "Bernhard And Doris" with Ralph Fiennes and Susan Sarandon.

Here is the trailer to the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVaM7vcP4II

Sypnosis:

Director Bob Balaban's fictional drama presents a speculative exploration of the relationship shared between wealthy tobacco heiress Doris Duke (Susan Sarandon) and her Irish butler Bernard Lafferty (Ralph Finnes) who, after just six years working as Duke's servant, was posthumously awarded complete control of his former boss' multi-million dollar fortune. Serendipitously showing up on Duke's doorstep just after the temperamental grand dame has dismissed her previous butler, Lafferty immediately lands a job tending to her vast estate. Penniless and openly homosexual, Lafferty immediately began to ingratiate himself into every area of his new boss' life. And while outward appearances would suggest that the two had little in common, the butler's unwavering loyalty continually found Duke seeking his judgment despite frequent warnings from her friends and closest advisers. Later, when Duke died, her friends, family, and lawyers were shocked to discover that she had left Lafferty the lion's share of her vast fortune. While few but Duke and Lafferty will ever know what truly went on behind closed doors, Balaban and screenwriter Hugh Costello use the facts of their relationship as a springboard to exploring the bond between the woman who had it all, and the man who eventually inherited it from her. ~ Jason Buchanan, All Movie Guide

Ralph Fiennes lightens up my heart in every movie he's in!! [Smile]

anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally saw ATONEMENT on DVD the other night. I had been anxiously waiting to see it ever since I saw the trailer in the cinema some months back. Looked like a classic British epic film with a tragic love story akin to The English Patient. So I was really hoping for a good time.

But what a disappointment!!!!!!!

This film is definitely overrated. Why on earth was it nominated for all those Oscars, baftas and Golden Globes?

Keira is annoying, there's no real passion, and then they mix "reality" with "fiction" in the end. Yuck.

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Watched a lovely movie today with Patrick Dempsey

-

- better known as Dr. Shepherd of Grey's Anatomy TV series. What a hunk!! [Smile]

The film I saw was called 'Lucky 7'.

Synopsis: Amy's (Kimberley Williams) mother died when Amy was only seven years old. Before she died, however, she planned her daughter's life out in detail, right down to Amy falling for and marrying her seventh boyfriend. Now a successful lawyer, Amy is up to boyfriend number six...and she is madly in love with him! Is she supposed to pass him by so that she can stick with her mother's plan--or follow her heart? Patrick Dempsey co-stars in this warmhearted television production.

I really liked the movie and the story. It tells you that some things in life can't be just planned - f.e. falling in love with a person. [Wink]

For all romantic folks out there definitely a must-see movie.

Think I am gonna check out also his new movie called "Made of honor" which is right now in the cinemas!! [Wink]

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/madeofhonor/

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:
I finally saw ATONEMENT on DVD the other night. I had been anxiously waiting to see it ever since I saw the trailer in the cinema some months back. Looked like a classic British epic film with a tragic love story akin to The English Patient. So I was really hoping for a good time.

But what a disappointment!!!!!!!

This film is definitely overrated. Why on earth was it nominated for all those Oscars, baftas and Golden Globes?

Keira is annoying, there's no real passion, and then they mix "reality" with "fiction" in the end. Yuck.

My mother LOVED this movie.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donnie Darko (2001)

Damn that movie was so fucking good! YES! This is what cinema was made for!!!

I downloaded it from www.myegy.com btw [Razz]

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
I've seen it once. Isn't it where the main actor is actually dead in the end (kind of surprising)??
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You didn't get it...
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I watched

STEPHEN KING'S

-

movie last night and boy...... was I frightened!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

And what an unexpectable sad ending! [Frown]

Synopsis

Following a violent thunderstorm, a small town community comes under vicious attack from creatures prowling in a thick and unnatural mist. Local rumors point to an experiment called “The Arrowhead Project” conducted at a nearby military base, but questions as to the origins of the deadly vapor are secondary to the group's overall chances for survival. Retreating to a local supermarket, the survivors face off against each other whilst attempting to take a united stand against an enemy they cannot even see.

(source: Wikipedia THE MIST movie)

Average Thick
Member # 15842

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Average Thick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Equilibrium on the plane. I was impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbP2djP0h5g&feature=related

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
I can recommend the movie:

JUMPER

Watch the trailer here:

www.jumperthemovie.com

-

Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Hey I watched

STEPHEN KING'S

-

movie last night and boy...... was I frightened!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

And what an unexpectable sad ending! [Frown]

Synopsis

Following a violent thunderstorm, a small town community comes under vicious attack from creatures prowling in a thick and unnatural mist. Local rumors point to an experiment called “The Arrowhead Project” conducted at a nearby military base, but questions as to the origins of the deadly vapor are secondary to the group's overall chances for survival. Retreating to a local supermarket, the survivors face off against each other whilst attempting to take a united stand against an enemy they cannot even see.

(source: Wikipedia THE MIST movie)

Its one of the best philosophical/symbolic movies I've ever seen in my life,,SK is such a REALLLLL genius...
Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pan's Labyrinth

-

I've watched that movie nearly,,Its spanich movie,,But really is greaaaat..from that sort which gives heartaches..And I can say they mixed in it between the sweet fantasy/cruel realism in the same time,,And it is really fabulous mixture IMHO...

Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aliym
Member # 12012

quote:
Originally posted by Average Thick:
I watched Equilibrium on the plane. I was impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbP2djP0h5g&feature=related

Such an AMAZING movie as well,,I dont know if people would agree with me on this,,But I think that almost all of Christian Bale's movies are great..I think he chooses the scripts he playing carefully.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Hey *Misho*,

Daily News Egypt just published a film critic on Guillermo del Toro's movie "The Orphanage".

Perhaps you would like this one too.

http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=17995

~ TL

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brad Pitt sheds his heartthrob looks to play a bald and wrinkled old man

The actor, transforms into a wrinkled and balding man in the upcoming drama The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Brad Pitt plays a man who ages backwards

-
Buzz: The fable, which sees Brad's character born as an 80-year-old, is already generating talk of Oscar nominations

-

-
Brad slowly emerges as a more youthful man

Watch the trailer for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button here.

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sumbula2:

Yeah I saw that movie, it was really fucking sweet. [Big Grin]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
If you mean the movie with John Cusack I ordered it last week from Amazon! Can't wait to watch it!! [Smile]

~ TL

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Have fun, you'll really like it.

Don't know who the **** John Cusack is but I'll assume it's the right guy. [Big Grin]

Aliym
Member # 12012

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Hey *Misho*,

Daily News Egypt just published a film critic on Guillermo del Toro's movie "The Orphanage".

Perhaps you would like this one too.

http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=17995

~ TL

Shukran ya Lily,,Sound interesting,,Looking forward watching it inshaaAllah.
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clive Barker's Midnight Meat Train.

Excellent movie, not for the faint of heart.

-

-

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Midnight Meat Train - Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pifkqLq6c0

Ah, VB, I think I am gonna pass up on this one!! [Eek!]

~ TL

sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched body of lies in cinema, it is very good made film, and the Arabic accent DiCaprio used was the icing on the cake, I am impressed with his Arabic. Clooney tried in syriana but dicaprio beat him hands down, must watch.
Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Madagascar 2 is the next big film out in eng (out tomorrow). We had previews of it last week, and people raved about it, adults and children. However, using my "usher" knowledge, I would suggest to anyone thinking of seeing this film to wait at least 2 weeks.
James Bond has died down big time. It was meant to be one of the films of the year, however after a great first two weeks, word of mouth spread. Compared to the last one, it comes out weaker on all fronts, with actions scenes so badly thrown together that you are not sure who is who.
Four Christmases- the christmas film this year. Weak acting, but good for some light hearted laughs. 3 stars top. Predictable end like in all romcoms.
My best friends girl. Extremely weak. Already dead at my cinema. However, perhaps better than Four christmases if you like your homour rated 15, and not 12a.
What Just Happened- something different. Got a few good laughs, and very well acted. Getting an older audience who are not into the predictable romcoms above.
Changeling. Probably the best thing out at the moment. Very heart felt, and based on a true story. I think this one will get many awards, for acting, story and visuals.

They are the films currently out at my cinema. Some I haven't seen, but I get the customers opinion as they leave.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks WK for your review, I really want to watch challenging now
Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com