EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Hollywood film about Iraq war to begin filming

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hollywood film about Iraq war to begin filming
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hollywood film about Iraq war to begin filming

‘The Hurt Locker’ depicts travails of US army unit beset by bombers and snipers in Iraq.

LOS ANGELES - Filming was set to begin next week on "The Hurt Locker," a Hollywood drama about the travails of a US army unit beset by bombers and snipers in Iraq, US entertainment media reported Tuesday.

The movie, starring Jeremy Renner, Anthony Mackie and Brian Geraghty and directed by Katherine Bigelow, follows an elite army explosive ordinance disposal team in present-day Baghdad.

Filming will take place in Jordan and Kuwait on the movie, which is inspired by actual events as well as recently declassified information, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

"It's the first movie about the Iraq War that purports to show the experience of the soldiers," script writer Mark Boal told the Hollywood Reporter from Jordan.

"We wanted to show the kinds of things that soldiers go through that you can't see on CNN, and I don't mean that in a censorship-conspiracy way. I just mean the news doesn't actually put photographers in with units that are this elite."

Boal added: "Most war movies don't come out until the war was over."

"It's really exciting for me, coming out of the world of journalism, to have a movie come out about a conflict while the conflict is still going on," he told the Hollywood Reporter.

http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/culture/?id=21480

More info on the movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0887912/

Ralph Fiennes will also have a cameo role, wonderful!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramesses
Member # 13179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramesses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so we must be ready to see some good lies about the americans heroes in Iraq and how they are saving the country from civil war and trying to spread democracy among the barbarian ppl there .. and for sure nice plot about some operations done by american soldiers who are noble and never kill kids and pla pla pla ... [Big Grin]
Posts: 552 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altiusdirectory
Member # 17852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Altiusdirectory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel that it very nice msg to the Hollywood Movies Lovers but i want know about more if you want that visit

Hollywood Movies
http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Entertainment/online-hollywood-movies.html

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunggo
Member # 17898

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunggo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhh Is this real? What kind of movie will it be? Who's the antagonist and the protagonist?
Hope it won't be biased though... I'll watch this out, anyways.. And we'll see, what this really is..

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its one movie i will not watch.i do not care if its good or not i just refuse. y should ass holes get paid for making a movie about that sh it oooo and will they also tell the story of the young girl that was raped and murdered? probably not screw them.

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com