EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Alicia Keys jetted off to Egypt for inspiration

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alicia Keys jetted off to Egypt for inspiration
massenburg
Member # 10776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/keys%20jetted%20off%20to%20egypt%20for%20inspiration_1042533

ALICIA KEYS took off to Egypt in a bid to find inspiration after she struggled with "confusing music" as she set about recording her new album. The Fallin' singer admits she was struggling to find her past form that earned her Grammy Awards and acclaim and decided she needed to take a holiday. She travelled alone through Egypt, floating down the Nile and visiting ancient sites, like the Great Pyramid of Giza, just outside Cairo. She says, "I'm thinking, `Here is this structure that's been standing for thousands of years, no magic tricks, no cranes, just mind, will and hands. "I had a profound realisation that with my mind and my hands I could create something that could last forever." Fully inspired, Keys returned to the studio last summer (06) and completed work on her upcoming album As I Am, which she states is like "Aretha Franklin singing a Janis Joplin song."

03/09/2007 21:53

Posts: 407 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, what an interesting read. Makes me wonder if Alicia signed here in on ES to ask specific information about a foreign female traveling alone in Egypt. We had couple of inquiries like that!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I adore alicia keys, wish I could meet her just once. [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Wow, what an interesting read. Makes me wonder if Alicia signed here in on ES to ask specific information about a foreign female traveling alone in Egypt. We had couple of inquiries like that!

or asked about egyptain married guy she love [Big Grin]
that would be some thing
amr

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well you never know! Maybe one of her songs is dedicated to an Egyptian Gigaloloooo! [Big Grin]

I can hear her already singing:

"....He promised me love and a life together

and he said everything will be so much better

if I'd just sign the orfi paper

and hand over some cash for his very sick father

I gave my heart to him

and spent too much money on this man

I was his foreign girlfriend

but then he returned to his wife and three little children in the end

he used me and it still hurts really bad

this Egyptian man just makes me so so so sad...."

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lovely but you forget the part

This egyptain man just makes me so so sad

But i know he loves me and i love him back

and will divorce his wife

and marry me till we head back

get the visa marry me then dumb me all over
for transsexcual called jack

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eshta ya Amr! [Big Grin] We would make a good songwriting team!!! What you think, should we step together into the entertainment world? [Wink]
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
like marwa yes [Big Grin]

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
-- Josh Billings

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muppet from Outer Space:
like marwa yes [Big Grin]

Yeah only difference is here you do the strip and I sing! [Razz] [Wink]

Btw, Amr, why don't you wanna be 'rated' - only on ES I mean???? [Big Grin]

Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
i enabled it but why would we needed to know if we are good or bad or that people like us or hate us
do we care?
lol
amr

--------------------
-- Zenna Schaffer
-- Josh Billings

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I could I'd personally give you 10 out of 10 - and I mean it!!!! [Smile]
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
hey thats sweet [Smile] of you to say
thanks its enough for me that you are friendly and honest you dont need any thing else to do [Smile]
amr

--------------------
-- Zenna Schaffer
-- Josh Billings

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't intend to do ANYTHING ELSE to you! [Wink]

Finish up your work and have a cappucchino for me at Costa's .... please! Ciao bello! [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com