EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Tayem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tayem
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been watching the TV series King Farouq almost everyday on Ramadan and this Syrian guy Tayem is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHf5hcdYIdk&mode=related&search=

Kinda embarrassing to Egyptians actors to have a Syrian actor performing as an Egyptian king but I heard many of them were offered the role and rejected it because they were scared of being hated.

Anyway, I like the charisma of this guy, plus his mastering of Egyptian accent is amazing as well.

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lazeez! I have been watching him in Cairo and I too am in love. He also played Nezar Qabbani. What a brilliant young man. And this slight accent he might have here and there is actually good for the role because it sounds so classy, as if he's really King Farouk.

But this woman playing Nazly (Wafaa Amer [Confused] ) is so not suitable. She's too vulgar to play a queen. Same applies to Farida impersonator.

We have to admit it, the Syrians are coming with a vengeance. They are great actors and directors. Yes yes I know I know and their women are good enough to eat [Razz]

BUT, they can never be as funny. [Cool]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sad. I have seen the clip. He's mad at her for not giving him a son. They even divorced for the same reason. [Frown]
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i50kzrYBUqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL2l0Mm-PoA&NR=1

It says script is by Dr. Lamees Gaber. Is that Fakharany's wife? Doctors can be such creative people. [Razz]

And Hatem Aly who? Is he Syrian too?

And the producers are Saudis. It figures [Wink]

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MK! Kol sana wenty Tayba...

Thank you for the clips!

Finally we see a true picture of King Farounk other than the shallow hilarious characters inspired by the revolution period.

I'll agree without any hesitation in regardes to Wafa Amer. Her face doesn't show any emotions mafeesh e7sas khales.

But Menna Fadaly is cute , I kinda like her.

Lamis Gaber is what you said exactly, and I heard Yaheia was offered the role but rejected it as well but there's a project with Hatem Aly about Mohamed Aly which Yahia will do and Lamis is writing or perhaps already wrote but this is going to be a movie.

You're not familiar with Hatem Aly, This is the guy who practically got the Syrian historical drama above the Egyptian one recently and he's only in his 40s. Series like Milouk el tawaef, Saqr Quraish and others have beaten all recent Egyptian historical drama easily.

He's one of the reasons I was looking for King Farouk.

Despite his talents, he will remain a director of old history drama, Egypt gave him a slip to recent history which is something he can't do in Syria because of the strict regime. Too bad he's unable to use this talent to draw a picture of his own country.

You can tell by the picture of King Farouk and style of directing that it looks different from Egyptian ones, Yet I can tell you that wasn't his best.

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Wenta tayyeb ya Lazeez ya lazeez.

Fakharany is too old and fat to play anyone anymore. I can't believe this man and his wife and kids. The family is mostly doctors and still, I swear they could weigh close to a ton altogether.

Unfortunately I don't know Hatem Aly. Was he also the director of Nizar Qabbani? Man, that was a brilliant job. The only thing that bothered me in Nizar Qabbani's series is the incredible amount of nose jobs those Syrian actresses had undergone. [Big Grin] Has the "Rhino-virus" crossed the Syrian borders from Lebanon?!

OK I checked, the director of Nizar Qabbani Series is Basel el-Khateeb.

You know Lazeez, there were some Egyptian actors objecting on having Syrians invading our media world, and that they were "cutting the bread of the Egyptians", but I'm actually very happy that we are finally learning a lesson from such creative people. It's about time for the media in Egypt to get some class. I have had it with farsh el-melaya art. Although Raya w'Skeena was absolutely brilliant. [Big Grin]

And this name "Tayem" is so incredibly cute.
It translates to "infatuated" or "lovelorn". For the foreign readers among us; Arabic names have to have meanings.

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Well, I couldn't understand those Egyptian actors because since day one of Egyptian Cinema there were always many foreigners involved. And this is what made our Old movies that good. You have the talents of Egyptian writers (No one can beat Egyptians in writing movies or songs) and all types of actors you can choose between .

What makes Syrian actors a good choice now isn't really the class, been very involved into Syrian community I haven't seen much difference from Egyptians, nor it's the talent but the fact that Syrians haven't yet been taken by the Egyptian stupid system of 'STARS' . Any actor in Syria will accept anything you offer as long as it's good but in Egypt the first thing they care about is whose name will come first in the AD.

It's a matter of time and Syrians will be no different. The Egyptian system beats others eventually [Big Grin]

Lebanese celebrities, by the way, are the worst when it comes to working together. They hate each other guts.

El Fakharani is one of my favourite actors, you may be surprised but if you're into decent actors , he is one of them beside he makes me laugh.

His TV series Hamada isn't bad really.

Gamal Soliman is going down every year now, hopefully Tayem wont take the same path. but I kinda think the recent Egyptian love with Syrian actors wont last for long. They will eventually be Egyptianized or simply become boring Like Gamal Soliman

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
My dad and Fakharany knew each other from student times, and dad always said he was one of the most decent men he'd ever known. But my God the man is so annoyingly morbidly obese, that you never see him as a whole on the screen unless he's at least a 100 meters away!!

But Lazeez, are you into the show business or what?

Don't tell me you're a celebrity. I have had my share of surprises on this site already. [Eek!]

Are you Khaled ElSawy? [Razz]

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Of all male actors you picked Khaled ElSawy?

Leh Ya3ny?

And who are those celebrities on ES? being a man I don't have the privilege to know all hidden secrets.

I only remember we had some belly dancers around here, but I only miss one celebrity we used to have around,

SONOMOD!

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Oh I picked ElSawy because he posts on another purely Egyptian forum I have joined recently (which is obviously infested with actors) and you and him have a very similar style. But isn't he more of a director?

And about the celebrities on ES, or rather close family members of them, I'm sorry I have no permission to mention names, but they are within a well-known family of directors, actors, and singers.

And about Sono, I guess she finally managed to piss Sammy off for real.

OH and about Sammy, I have found out that he and I have some mutual friends in Egypt, and they showed me his picture. He is so cute, my God! But oh, I can't say that about a dude to another dude.

Anyway, so you never told me what you do for a living. [Razz]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com