EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Is Anyone going to go see..........

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Anyone going to go see..........
OneLoveOnePeople
Member # 9667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneLoveOnePeople     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Kite Runner opening in theaters soon???? I am debating if I should go see it. You know how in most cases the movies never do the books justice? This book was such a touching story, I could not put it down, I finished reading it at 3 am and I sat in my bed and cried...I was depresssed for a couple of days after I finished it and now Im debating if i should go see the motion picture or not....Anyway, if anyone's interested here is the link for teh trailer...

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1274025754?bclid=1284279256&bctid=1285246074

Posts: 100 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the book Shogun was impressing to me, and when I saw the movie, it didn't have the same impact.
I'm afraid the same will happen when I should watch the movie The Kite Runner.
I think there are two differnet kind of people: readers (who make a visualisation on what has been written) en watchers (who are not able to visualise a written text).
As soon as readers watch a movie, the images will be different as their visualisation, and then its a misconception.
When I take a look at the trailer, I notice I had other images in mind. Less cleaner, less beautiful faces, less smooth surroundings...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com