EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Anyone notice the change in movie "savior" types?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone notice the change in movie "savior" types?
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have watched a large number of movies this winter. I don't have cable nor can I recieve free broadcast in my hood.

So its movies and loads of them.

Whenever a movie has a couple of foreign or at least British/Aussie actors as main characters I also see the phenomenon of biracial or non-white characters playing the "hero", "savior" or "good guy" who saves the day. Not as a leading role but as a supporting role.

In addition to this the biracial or non-white character lives, usually the "token black character" is killed off in the first half of the movie.

Nice change in big budget films screen plays. Very nice.

I wonder if a bunch of Hollywood funding agents died off in mass over the last 5 years and a new group of "enlightened" funding agents step up to the plate?

What do you think?

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egyptian Man
Member # 13646

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egyptian Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sono, I think I'm falling for you
Posts: 345 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyguy:

Hey I am taken.

Remember my screen names "Albino_Eskimo" and "Whiteyunimpressed".

Some people are constantly conscious of race in our daily lives. To say it doesn't matter is racist.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egyptian Man
Member # 13646

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egyptian Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:
quote:

Hey I am taken.

Some people are constantly conscious of race in our daily lives. To say it doesn't matter is racist.

Taken where?
Dump his sorry ass! Are you in Egypt yet?

Posts: 345 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:
quote:

Hey I am taken.

Taken where?
Dump his sorry ass! Are you in Egypt yet?

Not in Egypt. But my portfolio is making its rounds.

I did dump his sorry ass, he took me back, we fought then made up.

He's got so many of the qualities I look for in a man, such as a rock hard ass.

[Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com