EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Muslim girl to be the next James Bond girl??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Muslim girl to be the next James Bond girl??
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By SIMON ROTHSTEIN

Published: 19 Mar 2008

MEET the gorgeous model and actress who is hoping to be the first ever Muslim Bond girl.

ZARA ADAMS is auditioning for a part in Quantum of Solace this month – hoping to make a little bit of 007 history.

And in an exclusive interview, she told The Sun: "The casting agent and the producers liked my pictures and other work and have invited me for audition.

"I don't know too much about the part at the moment, but it is a good character role as one of the Bond girls with about 15-20 minutes of screen time.

“Working with names like MARC FOSTER and DANIEL CRAIG, among others, will be an amazing experience.

"And to be on a James Bond film as a Muslim Asian woman, would not just open up doors for me but break down barriers for other people as well.

"That would be the biggest thing I could achieve."

Zara knows that while landing the role will be a major breakthrough for a Muslim actress, it will also upset her parents.

The single 25-year-old, who recently launched The Talent Magazine, revealed: "I had a strict upbringing and I didn't even see my first movie until I was at university in Edinburgh, which funnily enough was a Bond film.

“I am getting a lot of support from my friends who are extremely excited about this but my parents aren't really happy about me auditioning for this part.

"But I believe you have to choose your own path in life.

"And if I'm happy, eventually they'll come round to it as they always do."

Here is a pic of her:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article939198.ece

PS: Zahra was born in Glasgow to an Iranian father and Pakistani mother.

Good luck, Zara!! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yana
Member # 11508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't like this quote

"hoping to be the first ever Muslim Bond girl"

muslim means one thing. how can one be muslim + bond girl...

Posts: 311 | From: Armenia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com