EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » No country for Young men!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No country for Young men!
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 weeks ago or 3 weeks i cant remember, i have decided with some friends to see "No Country for Old Men".

We had great expectations, got loads of popcorn and coke and went at midnight in a nice theatre "nile towers" and were ready for a great and nice movie!

The first 30 minutes were nice and entertaining but suddenly i felt that i don't know what is the main reason of the whole movie, and as time passed by i really was so lost and couldn't get the point of that movie!
So i am asking for your help!

What did you understand from that movie!

What was the msg this movie was trying to deliver! cause i guess my network was busy and i didn't receive any msg!

Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kos-om EgyptSearch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no one saw this movie!

--------------------
forum sharameet we khawalat we el operator m3rseen

Posts: 504 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what threw you off was that the entire movie did not have any music at all. I thought the movie was excellent [Smile] Chigurh played by Bardem was simply awesome. I mean he is right up there with all the great psychopaths [Big Grin] His acting, his demeanor, his style, his cattle gun and just everything about him was a work of art.

Awesome movie, you know the part at the end of the movie when he was waiting for the woman in her house? They don't actually show Chigurh killing her but when he walked out the house he looked at the bottom of his boots and then nonchalantly wiped them on the door mat. He wiped her blood [Big Grin] Watch that scene again, listen to the converstaion and how he tells her he must kill her because her husband did not keep his word. He killed her as a matter of principal, he literally went out of his way to kill a harmless woman because psychopath and all he has his principals [Big Grin]

Awesome movie and awesome villain. The dude killed everyone and that my friend tells it all and it is just not No Country for Old Men but it is rather no country for anyone but for a heartless, souless, uncompassionate psychopath and that would be Anton Chigurh!

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

LOL@no country for anyone:)
i thought i was next [Smile]
but what is the point of this movie!
what was the msg behind this movie!

--------------------

Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by YoungEgyptianGuy:
LOL@no country for anyone:)
i thought i was next [Smile]
but what is the point of this movie!
what was the msg behind this movie!

I am not going to pretend to know the message of the movie because i am not really sure, but like you the movie stuck in my mind. I will see it again, maybe this summer and see if i can pick up between the lines. So far it seems to me it was about how we (people) have no security at all, the law can't protect us and neither can our family and friends when it comes to such evil represented by chigurh. And it is that way because we simply do not care about anyone but ourselves. This is my initial 2 cents BS but i will watch it again.
Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kos-om EgyptSearch
Member # 15064

me too Exiled i will buy the dvd and watch it at home

--------------------

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That weird looking gun he carried is real, it's used to stun cattle before they're slaughtered.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ohhh I need to get one of them, it would be handy on the streets here in Egypt...
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by YoungEgyptianGuy:
2 weeks ago or 3 weeks i cant remember, i have decided with some friends to see "No Country for Old Men".

We had great expectations, got loads of popcorn and coke and went at midnight in a nice theatre "nile towers" and were ready for a great and nice movie!

The first 30 minutes were nice and entertaining but suddenly i felt that i don't know what is the main reason of the whole movie, and as time passed by i really was so lost and couldn't get the point of that movie!
So i am asking for your help!

What did you understand from that movie!

What was the msg this movie was trying to deliver! cause i guess my network was busy and i didn't receive any msg!

In answer to your question, there really isn't any POINT to the movie but to display naked evils and killing in the American tradition.
The plot is so full of holes it reminds me of cheese cloth.

Just another 1 of 100000 senseless violent movies with absolutely no redeeming qualities that passes for entertainment while glorifying violence and insanity.

I viewed it for free in 720HD, but wiped it off my drive after the initial viewing. No need to keep this, and now adays, I certainly won't pay $$$ to see this crap.

I did keep view,The Great Debaters , which is Denzel Washington's 1st directing effort, and in the Clint Eastwood directing tradition. It was worthy of my $$$'s, so I purchased the DVD.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the movie, and also loved the the killer hair cut [Smile]
Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com