EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » does anyone remember?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: does anyone remember?
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to all you peeps of a certain age, does anyone remember a 70's punk singer called polystyrene?
if you do pls let me know of any songs you remember her singing.
pm me if you wish.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marmia
Member # 13506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marmia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Manx.. Re:polystyrene.. I was of the 70's era but wasnt really into punk although did look abit like one with the clothes and hair colours.. Remember Siousix Sioux and vaguely the name Poly.. who was with teh band X-Ray Spex..Just checked her site out if you are interested on my space.. you can listen to her songs (she's planning to have a download site soon - still under construction at the mo)wasnt sure how to transfer the link so try to
look up http://profile.myspace.come/index.cfm?fuseactionuser.viewprofile&friendid=236194076

Posts: 164 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah thanks so very much marmia x
lol i was a punk piercings multi coloured hair , the lot !

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marmia
Member # 13506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marmia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Manx.. re: style.. I wore black, (but wasnt a new romantic, I was skinny back then, wore the drainpipes,baggy tops, my hair was dark short sometimes spiky but I added colours like purple and one time pillar box red (accidental [Roll Eyes] )Ears pierced twice woowee BIG statement LOL! Think I just dressed in what made me feel comfortable at the time, no one style..Liked many different types music although last nite when I checked Polys My Space I listened to a few of her songs and they sounded quite good.. I suppose punk wasnt played alot on TOTP or Radio 1 so I didnt hear much of it LOL.. I quite liked soul music, Earth Wind & Fire, and such like.. Liked a few by Bjork and Morrisey as well. What do you think of Egyptian music? Again, I like the softer ballad type.. Tamer Hosney [Smile] and a few I cant pronounce or spell! Like it when my husband translates the words into English for me, bless.. he thinks he can sing LOL
Posts: 164 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi marmia, i was your typical punk.
chains, shaven head to about a number 3.
all the colours of the rainbow.
when i got my piercings i remember some of them bloody hurt!
i like most types of music and grew up listenin to radio caroline and luxembourg lol
can't say i have listened to any egyptian music tho, listened to amr diab once that was enough !!lol
my hubby used to sing me j'taime to make me laugh [Big Grin]

Marmia
Member # 13506

Radio Caroline, I remember that it used to be a pirate radio broadcasting offshore.. You little rebel you! LOL Mind you, I heard that TONY BLACKBURN started his career with Radio Caroline [Big Grin] so cool wasnt he [Cool] LOL! How times have changed.. Think I look more like Doris Day than Siouxy Sioux now and a few pounds heavier ha- hum... [Wink] Two of my daughters have piercings.. I never objected but ouch.. ear piercing were painful enough.. Do you remember the pogo (dance not stick LOL)
Member # 14517

Rate Member
lmao yep, nearly gave myself brain damage doin the pogo!!
ear piercing isn't really painful i did my own ears etc.
however the others i left to the professionals !!
have been thinking of putting some colour in my hair lately, tho it will have to wait a while.
[Big Grin] [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com