EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » ES book club

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ES book club
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
someone recently recommended The Other Boleyn Girl - I was a bit put off cos I get tired of all the Tudor dramas, but Ive just read this book (it only cost me 20p!) and really enjoyed it
Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the movie 'The Other Bolyen Girl' which explains the character of Elizabeth I much clearer.

Getting back to Egypt, I have literally dozens of books but as scanned images put into PDFs. I'd be willing to post them if anyone would want to read them.

--------------------
Offend one offend all during the season.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiye
Member # 14655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you like period dramas Phillipa Gregory is excellent I've read them all so additive
Posts: 159 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reading 'Nefertiti' a novel by Michelle Moran.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ma 'amaltuhoosh
Member # 15639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma 'amaltuhoosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone wants ebooks on Egypt I have more than a few.

Some of them are quite hilarious including "The Leisure of an Egyptian Official"

Let me know if you're interested. [Smile]

Posts: 313 | From: Between yuppies and chronics | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm taking about 6 with me to Fuertaventura in the morning, I hope it's going to be enough for 2 weeks, I have to think of my luggage allowance otherwise I'd take more. [Smile]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry, you will lose your luggage anyway [Wink]

I have been reading the same book for three weeks now [Frown] since I have been in Egypt I just fall aasleep within 10 mintes of starting to read!

I will have to start with my audio books again.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have any of you seen the new gadget advertised on the news today? Apparently, it is some small computer device that can be carried in your pocket and can hold up to approx. 160 novels [Smile]
Now that is a good luggage allowance device....imagine all the extra goodies I could bring on my next visit to Egypt [Smile]

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen that. I will definately look out for it though as I do love gadgets and books, I just have issues with staying awake to focus on the words!!!

I already have a few audio books and some are orated by the dullest of people and I lose interest but some I orated with such enthusiasm I am captivated.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I hate this idea [Frown] . Ipods fine, collecting music on small player with great sound, but books, they need to be books!!!!!!!!!. I like the whole thing of having a book infront of you, something real.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I used to love collecting books, dvds and CDs. Then I decided dusting them was a pain in the arse, so I condensed and went electronic.

The only cds, dvds and books I kept and lugged over are those that have been bought for me and I was too attached to part from them.

I love how I have a hardrive of films, Prison Break (phwoar factor) all my music and books. I love the portability.

I understand the book theory but I swear I have narcolepsy lol...

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Cheeky I'm I sad woman, I just love books in their original form. I have two book cases crammed with books of all descriptions and genres, they mean so much to me. To move there I understand you have to be selective. I would just find it very hard to say goodbye, told you I'm a sad woman [Big Grin]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I actually have a box with a friend of certain books I couldn't carry but could not seperate from.

Various reasons for attachment. I could only say see you later and not goodbye to some. I can be very sentimental.

I do understand, I really do [Big Grin]

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Thanks cheeky, I'm glad It's not just me!
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Sharm:
Have any of you seen the new gadget advertised on the news today? Apparently, it is some small computer device that can be carried in your pocket and can hold up to approx. 160 novels [Smile]
Now that is a good luggage allowance device....imagine all the extra goodies I could bring on my next visit to Egypt [Smile]

Amazon.com has a device that they have had on their website for awhile . . . so you can buy the book in the usual form or get a download to your http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FI73MA/ref=amb_link_6369712_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0MWMKPY3QTWB11Z3KA9K&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=433125701&pf_rd_i=507846
Unfortunately it isn't cheap to buy, $359.00 . . . and it is a wireless device . . . I wonder how that would work in Egypt for downloading??? You can download books and newspapers,too.

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rashaaa
Member # 15206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rashaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm reading Heroes: Saving Charlie (the untold story of Hiro and Charlie).....after that I have a series by VC Andrews that I want to dig into...

are you guys thinking of choosing a title, and then discussing??? If so, I'd be in for it.

--------------------
رِحْلِة الأَلْف مِيل تَبْدَأ بِخَطْوَة

Posts: 385 | From: In my hayati's heart and thoughts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com