EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » The Kite Runner

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Kite Runner
Rashaaa
Member # 15206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rashaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a very touching story by Khaled Hosseini.

Has anyone see the movie or read the book??

One scene that really stood out for me was when the Taliban stoned a couple accused of adultery...reminded me of a stoning I witnessed in Kuwait as a child... [Frown]

But overall I enjoyed the film. Check it out.

Posts: 385 | From: In my hayati's heart and thoughts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to watch it but it got too boring. Didn't feel like waiting on it to get good. xD
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to see the film, I read the book last year and it was one of the best books I have ever read.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I might read an ebook version of it if I find it. Movie was too slow for my liking.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiye
Member # 14655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read the book its so moving... can't wait to see the film, hope I won't be to didapointed?

Khaled Hosseini second book 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' such a touching insight into the struggle of Afghan women.

http://khaledhosseini.com/index2.htm

Posts: 159 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rashaaa
Member # 15206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rashaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for that Tiye!! I think it will be an interesting read as well...

--------------------
رِحْلِة الأَلْف مِيل تَبْدَأ بِخَطْوَة

Posts: 385 | From: In my hayati's heart and thoughts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mum is reading it at the moment, I will read it next. I was going to watch the film but if it slow I may give it a miss!!!
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes the book was wonderful. Often the films can be disappointing because they can't reflect what the book portrays.Does anyone know when we can see it. Yes Tiye as you know I'm reading the second one, only a few chapters in.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is available to watch on Showtime here so I imagine it will be available on virgin pay per view films or your equivalent.
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiye
Member # 14655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all

Watched the film it was good but as always they missed some really important areas out of the film.

Enjoyed it but if honest a bit disapointed but still worth a watch. I would just read the book...

Posts: 159 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
read the book, one of the best ive ever read -
Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiye:
Read the book its so moving... can't wait to see the film, hope I won't be to didapointed?

Khaled Hosseini second book 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' such a touching insight into the struggle of Afghan women.

Personally I liked this book much more than I did the Kite Runner- I don't know if thats just because the protagonists are females in this one, but wow. So sad, but so beautiful. Really makes you stop and realize how much you have.
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you like Khaled Hosseini, also read Anita Amirrezvani, Blood of flowers.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:

cool, is this a somewhat recent novel- like something ill be able to pick up at a barnes and nobles?
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many great reviews for this novel. I'll order it today. Hibbah, nice to see you around!
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hibbah:
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:

cool, is this a somewhat recent novel- like something ill be able to pick up at a barnes and nobles?
In my country it is recent, and i just found out what barnes and nobles are.. [Smile]
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Blood-of-Flowers/Anita-Amirrezvani/e/9780316065764

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hibbah:
quote:
Originally posted by Tiye:

Personally I liked this book much more than I did the Kite Runner- I don't know if thats just because the protagonists are females in this one, but wow. So sad, but so beautiful. Really makes you stop and realize how much you have.
I've just ordered 'The Kite Runner', 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' and 'The White Tiger'.
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com