EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Epic movie "2012" - The world is coming to an end (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Epic movie "2012" - The world is coming to an end
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Directed by Roland Emmerich

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/2012/

In cinemas this November. Don't miss out!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1194226/The-end-nigh-John-Cusack-Thandie-Newton-fight-survival-apocalyptic-film-2012.html

OH MY!! [Eek!] This is gonna be one AWESOME movie. Can't wait to see John Cusack!! [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I love apocalypse movies. [Big Grin]

But better than that I love the ones where there's only a few people left alive on earth.

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
to_hell_and_back
Member # 16710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for to_hell_and_back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seen it already (I gotta really good bootlegger who has friends of friends of friends who gets him the post production cuts that the people in the oscars and academy awards view to judge a film and I have access to movies months before they are released. It wasn't all that great. Like the storyline took forever to get thru and there wasn't any action til like the end of the movie. Whatta waste of 5 bucks [Frown]
Posts: 59 | From: killadelphia | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking so forward to see it!! [Smile]

The only letdown is I have to wait for another 4+ months. [Frown]

Btw, Vader, you gotta watch *Deep Impact*:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120647/

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She says it sucks..and please don't terrorize your little ones with such nonesense, watch it alone..you'll have them awake most of their nights. [Eek!]
I'll never forgive my parents for taking me to 'The hound of Baskervilles' when I was like 5, I had a phobia from dogs, till they had to get Topsie, my first puppy to heal me.
Topsie was poisoned by a thief that tried to break into our residence, I was so attatched to the poor dog, still remember him clearly. [Frown]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
She says it sucks..and please don't terrorize your little ones with such nonesense, watch it alone..you'll have them awake most of their nights. [Eek!]

Thanks for your concern but you know what let it be up to me to decide if I like the movie or not.

Tami posts a lot of stuff on here believable or not and hence she would probably also say that 'The day after tomorrow' - which was also directed by Roland Emmerich who's German btw - sucks because she's just not into that stuff.

Honestly I feel this movie is going to be great and hey it will be golden for me to see Cusack in it which I adore a lot.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TOMORROW IS THE DAY - RELEASE OF THE MOVIE IN EGYPT. GERMANY ONE DAY LATER AND FRIDAY IS PREMIERE IN THE US!!

John Cusack & director Roland Emmerich heavily promoted the 'MOTHER OF ALL DISASTER MOVIES' in the last two months and I am so looking forward seeing it.

Here is the teaser trailer. I bet you wanna see more - check your local cinemas for screenings.

http://www.omelete.com.br/cine/100022546/Assista_a_um_clipe_com_5_minutos_de_2012.aspx

-

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Won't miss it

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you see the 2012 movie yet TL ? I don't wanna see it before you give me an opinion. [Confused]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
No I haven't; premiere is today here in Germany but I won't be able to go until Saturday so my hubby can babysit!! [Big Grin]

I am planning on watching the movie three times in a row on that day - just me, John Cusack (unfortunately only on the screen) and some fine snacks YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
I am planning on watching the movie three times in a row on that day - just me, John Cusack (unfortunately only on the screen) and some fine snacks YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Are you Okay ? [Eek!]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Yes I am. You wanna come and join me???? [Big Grin]

I waited so long for that film.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
John Cusack's role in disaster thriller 2012 more than just special effects

By: Randall King
12/11/2009 1:00 AM

To get the gist of Cusack's role in the disaster thriller 2012, digitally erase the boombox and replace it with two kids, which Cusack struggles to hold aloft while the floodwaters rise and threaten to swamp the entire planet.On the soundtrack, substitute In Your Eyes for maybe... The Tide Is High?

The Illinois-born Cusack is 43 and perhaps too old to bring off the big romantic gestures, but he's still plenty young enough to do the requisite amount of running, jumping and swimming required for the apocalyptic genre offering from director Roland Emmerich, the German-born director responsible for the similarly cataclysmic offerings Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow.

Cusack plays Jackson Curtis, a failed novelist and divorced parent who takes his two children for a vacation in Yellowstone Park and begins to realize (with the help of a manic "prophet" played by Woody Harrelson) that A) the world is in imminent peril and B) the government has a plan to rescue a select few from the coming cataclysm.

Cusack tends to waver in his acting choices between films of serious intent and big crowd-pleasers. In 2007, for example, he starred in the horror movie 1408, but he also produced and starred in the antiwar film Grace Is Gone as a man who becomes a single father when his wife is killed in the war in Iraq. In 2008, he provided the voice of a hunchback lab assistant in the animated feature Igor, but he also wrote, produced and starred in the vitriolic (and underrated) Bush-era satire War Inc.

But it would be impolitic to assume Cusack is slumming in 2012 (especially since the movie's budget is reportedly in the vicinity of $250 million). He is, first and foremost, an actor and responded accordingly when he was sent the 2012 script.

"It was nice to be wanted," Cusack says. "I got the call, and they told me: 'Roland Emmerich's movie, they want you to do it, and we'll send you the script.' I said, 'Great!'

"I read the script and it was a real page-turner," Cusack says, adding that while cities may get levelled, the roles aren't swept away by the film's massive special effects.

"As you read it, interesting things would happen, because they have this scene where Rome burned and Paris fell. How do you shoot that? Then the story got bigger and bigger and the catastrophes got bigger (while) the geography of the characters and the places where they were safe, got smaller and smaller.

"The movie actually got more intimate as it went along," Cusack says. "I thought it was very surprising. By the end of the film, I actually got quite emotional and very tense.

"I haven't seen that with most action films," Cusack says. "Usually once the explosions start, the characters stop. These were reverse-engineered so it got more intimate. I thought that was really clever."

That said, a movie so dominated by visual effects tends to be a challenge for actors, obliged to act in front of green screens or while being buffeted by wind machines and giant-gimballed sets that roll around like a storm-tossed ship.

"This was pretty action packed for sure," he says. "A lot of running, jumping, and tumbling. You got to stay stretched out or you could pull a hamstring, for sure.

"Roland has done this so many times before," Cusack says. "What would be a crushing technical process for other directors, he seems to do very effortlessly, so he just focuses on the characters."

Even so, the film presented serious acting challenges, such as reacting to outrageous events occurring offscreen. But for a California earthquake scene, Emmerich placed his cast on a set that shifted perilously in the real world.

"There is an entire city block with white picket fences and houses and the whole thing was on hydraulics," Cusack says. "A whole city block with cars on it was pulsating, so it was like walking onto a pretty wild set.

"It wasn't all green screen and imagination," Cusack says.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/entertainment/the_tab/action-figure-69835562.html

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I'll go check it out..but if it suc I have one person to blame... [Big Grin]
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't you folks wait until the ''real thing'' comes along in December 2012; well according to that is.
Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Lol, I can't. Besides that nothing spectacular is going to happen then.
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you like dumb CGI hollywood type movies then you will love this one. Basically, its just a copy of ever Michael Bay or Emmerick movie you have ever seen. So if you like your movie with substance then you should divert your attention elsewhere.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen both Transformer movies and also like Emmerich's work very much f.e. "The Day After Tomorrow" and "Godzilla".

And I am very proud and impressed of the fact that a German director has such a huge success in Hollywood. He's simply a gem.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000386/

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I saw it this week at the premiere. Not bad at all, but it’s not the disaster movie to end all disaster movies. The movie does not explore so much the idea of the end of the world, which they present as another Great Deluge, like the one Noah faced. And it is actually antireligious by the beautiful destruction of the Saint Peter in Rome.

The makers considered, but were afraid to also show the destruction of the Ka´aba. Which fact the Muslims should protest as racist because the assumption is that they are violent and will blow up cinema’s for this sacrilege. Which of course is the furthest thing in their minds as Islam is a religion of peace, no?

The best part is the second half.

What I hated is that even after this cleansing the horrible Americans are still in command and all there white supremacy bull **** is in full goddam swing.

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEAH!!..but... come on they had a black Potus and two other high level Blacks in the rm discussing how they can save the world. and in the end what contintent got saved??.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Egmond Codfried:

The makers considered, but were afraid to also show the destruction of the Ka´aba. Which fact the Muslims should protest as racist because the assumption is that they are violent and will blow up cinema’s for this sacrilege. Which of course is the furthest thing in their minds as Islam is a religion of peace, no?

You made a very valid point here. What if.... god forbid.

quote:

The best part is the second half.

What I hated is that even after this cleansing the horrible Americans are still in command and all there white supremacy bull **** is in full goddam swing.

And they will always be - until the world really comes to an end one day. [Big Grin]
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
YEAH!!..but... come on they had a black Potus and two other high level Blacks in the rm discussing how they can save the world. and in the end what contintent got saved??.

You are such a complete housenigger. Didn't we agree that black Obama is just a goddam ploy? The fate of the Earth decided in the fucking USA? The future of humanity decided on board of the goddam Air Force One?
Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just finished watching it and i was crying all the way thru. it was a spectacular movie. i will buy this one. a must see.

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Egmond
quote:
You are such a complete housenigger
Why the hate?..the character POTUS,isen't Obama!! He is not even the 1st Black POTUS on screen trying to save the world,that honor goes to Morgan-Freeman in one of those end or near end of the world movie...with an astroid, well before we had a true to life Black POTUS...
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Λ Hate back brother. It keeps the playing field even. Don't get weak on me. [Wink]
Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LMAO some of you guys have some serious issues. I mean, I'm pretty much living a hellish nightmare right now and I'm still more relaxed than you [Big Grin]

--------------------
Are we going somewhere or are you going to keep annoying me with your boring lectures professor-warrior??

Posts: 368 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grumman:
Λ Hate back brother. It keeps the playing field even. Don't get weak on me. [Wink]

*Sighs*

Whatever can be taken away from you is not yours. Past that point of delusion, Trying to figure out how to join your home-town's gang with favourable conditions is not a bad way to deal with the reality of a world ruled by the forces of evil.

Life's a bitch. We can come and pick up our tin whenever we want, we know it and so do you. No button there to press you see [Wink]

Posts: 368 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Glad I don't live in your neighborhood.
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clint EastWood:
LMAO some of you guys have some serious issues. I mean, I'm pretty much living a hellish nightmare right now and I'm still more relaxed than you [Big Grin]

dont tell me aliens abducted u too?
jajajajaja

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Grumman
quote:
Λ Hate back brother. It keeps the playing field even. Don't get weak on me.
Aaaa... if it was a serious enough issue I would breakout my steel-toe boots and tap dance all over someone's azz..but IT'S JUST A MOVIE!!! .. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
YESSSSSS finally I've seen it!!

-

What an incredible movie, AWESOME AWESOME special effects, it never got boring for one minute.

-

Okay I admit the end was kinda cheesy and did anyone realize that Amanda Peet was still caring very much about her outer appearance by wearing lip gloss after the horrifying ordeal?? I was a little disappointed that Woody Harrelson left so early the screen. At one point I even thought they gonna sacrifice John Cusack for a good cause too!! [Eek!]

-

Well I watched the movie twice yesterday - always first row of course (it made me feel like I am inside the film). Yeah I admit I wanted to go for a third time but the film did have 'Ueberlaenge' with total 158 min running time. I am planning to watch it next weekend again and I can't wait for its DVD release.

-

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
I agree Brada-Anansi that's why I tacked a smiley on the end. [Wink]
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
was totally disappointed just another disaster movie nothing special
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
2012 movie explodes at box office

"John Cusack disaster movie 2012 has led the US box office, with takings of $65.2m (£38.8m) in its debut weekend. The Mayan-inspired film, which took $230.4m (£137.1m) globally ...."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8362224.stm

Not bad, not bad at all. Thanks everyone who visited so far the cinema!! [Smile]

Well the article is two days old and hopefully much more tickets will be sold.

So for the people who didn't go yet - I can only say don't miss out on a spectacular apocalyptic heinous destruction movie! It doesn't get any better that that.

I'll be back myself on Saturday at the cinema (this time in English language thankfully)!! [Wink]

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Tigerlilly
quote:
This time in English language thankfully)!! [Wink]
Where the heck do you live?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Germany!! [Smile]

Couldn't wait and went already last night to the movies (on an US military base that's where the movie was shown in English).

2.5 hours of pure excitement, first row middle seat again (of course) watching the world is coming to an end - perfect evening!!!!

Brada, you are not really in Japan, are you?? *2012* just had premiere there this week.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Oh yes I do live in in Japan...and yet I saw it last week as a matter o fact it opened today [Big Grin] the question is how and where did i saw it and did it have waterlines and crappy sound..but I will go check it out on the big screen though [Big Grin]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Good luck, Brada, you won't be disappointed! Try to get into the first row though for the ultimate experience (yesterday I was literally glued to the screen again!! [Big Grin] )

Are you Japanese??

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
No I am Jamaican American...check out my profile and shop plus Youtube video
http://www.myspace.com/xaymacajp [Wink]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Hajimemashite. [Smile]

Your place looks like a lot of fun. Would love to try your food. How did you end up in Japan??

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Long story..short version US.Navy my 1st introduction. second intro..business and such... [Big Grin] Nihon-go hanasemasuka?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
No no, Brada, I don't speak Japanese. I have enough struggle to deal with Arabic, really. So you've been in the military before. Well I'd love to hear your long story on how you ended up in Japan one day. [Smile]
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

quote:
Egmond
quote:
You are such a complete housenigger
Why the hate?..the character POTUS,isen't Obama!! He is not even the 1st Black POTUS on screen trying to save the world,that honor goes to Morgan-Freeman in one of those end or near end of the world movie...with an astroid, well before we had a true to life Black POTUS...
Not hate, just amazed at your stupidity. Your idea of blackness is to backstab blacks who try to make a difference. Now whitey in 2012 has spread his shitty ass and you go; Yummy, Massa really likes little Sambo, letting me eat his ****. 2012 is not just a goddam movie, its a statement, its goddam brainwash, its evil. All this white trash arriving in Africa at the movies end is to me pure horror. Just hope the Africans did not forget their albino-killing skills. So now to you they have some washed and polished black Indiana Jones wannabe, swashbuckling on their Air Force One, banging Obama's lil'girl, and all is well in Brada Anansies World?

Did you ever try to discuss afrocentrism with you positive, loving white friends? That should give you a idea what I'm up against and why I sound the way I do.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Listen you little whiney fu!k..some times It's just a Fukin Movie..it's art you take away whatever the hell you want..and yes I do dicusssed Afocentrism and African history and conditon with my possitive loving white friends and Yellow ones too..I being not the one to hold back on my opionion on anything...because that's how Anansi roll...you like to think even in a fantasy movie that the Blackman even if he is Potus has to be someones slave...your twisted mind cannot concieve..even in fantasy of the Blackman holding his own...in your mind he is always the immutable slave doing What you call massa's bidding...you are a sad Joke indeed.Fuk-u and good-nite have a pleasent tommrrow.
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Listen you little whiney fu!k..some times It's just a Fukin Movie..it's art you take away whatever the hell you want..and yes I do dicusssed Afocentrism and African history and conditon with my possitive loving white friends and Yellow ones too..I being not the one to hold back on my opionion on anything...because that's how Anansi roll...you like to think even in a fantasy movie that the Blackman even if he is Potus has to be someones slave...your twisted mind cannot concieve..even in fantasy of the Blackman holding his own...in your mind he is always the immutable slave doing What you call massa's bidding...you are a sad Joke indeed.Fuk-u and good-nite have a pleasent tommrrow.

hahahahaha god isnt he a loving person. a racist.y does he hate whites. i am white and i am proud of who i am not cas of my color cas of who i am.who gives a damn if yr african.u a person first but i assure u u would never make it in usa with that attitude. u would be hated even by yr own black people.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
2012 is not just a goddam movie, its a statement, its goddam brainwash, its evil. All this white trash arriving in Africa at the movies end is to me pure horror.

What a nonsense, you are an insane man. It's a bloody movie, as Brada stated. I can't believe that people take anything so personally and love to throw the race card around.

If there wouldn't have been any blacks in the movie and Africa would have vanished through a mega tsunami you would have ranted away too. No scenario is right for your type of mind. Always suspicious, always on the look out for conspiracy. Watch out for the evil white man!! [Eek!] Really your attitude sucks..... [Confused]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
And if that wouldn't be enough we have some other weasels complaining too which obviously even haven't seen the movie but hey - as long some freaking Muslims 'with authority' have an opinion it's all good, right??? [Roll Eyes]

"Hollywood's latest doomsday offering "2012" has caused a storm in Indonesia, with conservative clerics condemning it Thursday as a "provocation against Islam"...

"He also complained that the film showed mosques being destroyed but not churches, despite sequences depicting the Vatican collapsing and Rio de Janeiro's monumental Christ the Redeemer statue crumbling to pieces.

"The film shows that everything including Kaaba (Islam holiest shrine) and mosques were devastated except for churches. The film is a provocation against Islam," Amidhan said.

"The Indonesian film censorship body should have cut part of the scene on the devastation of mosques or the Kaaba because it hurts the Muslim people..."

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2009/11/19/91775.html

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com