EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » BREAKING NEWS: DJ AM dead at 36

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: DJ AM dead at 36
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
RIP Adam

"ADAM 'DJ AM' GOLDSTEIN has been found dead in his New York apartment, after suffering a reported drug overdose. According to TMZ.com, police broke into the 36-year-old's home on Lafayette Street in Lower Manhattan yesterday evening after they were alerted by a concerned friend who had been unable to reach him for several days."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/usa/2613636/DJ-AM-has-been-found-dead-in-his-New-York-apartment.html

I don't know what to say.... it's so upsetting to me. He was one of the good guys.... gone to soon.

His last Twitter entry reads:

"New york, new york. Big city of dreams, but everything in new york aint always what it seems."

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aug 28 2009 9:32 PM EDT

DJ AM Discusses Drug Addiction In Final MTV News Interview

'I got so lost in my disease,' AM says in July 29 conversation about MTV show 'Gone Too Far.'

By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Matt Elias

Just a month before DJ AM's unexpected death, reportedly linked to drugs, he spoke candidly with MTV News about his struggles with addiction.

During the July 29 interview, AM said he hoped to help other addicts on his MTV substance-abuse intervention show "Gone Too Far."

"The inspiration for the show is that I am a recovering drug addict. I have 11 years sober," he said. "Something I have always done since the beginning of my sobriety is work with other addicts in recovery. So when the question came up [from MTV]: 'Hey, we should work something out.' It's like, 'What do you like to do?' And other than DJ, that's kind of what I've always done.

"Part of me feels like, 'Who am I?' I'm a DJ. This is my one chance. I owe it as a human who's sober to say something to them. So that's my job. That's what I'm there for."

He recalled the times before he got treatment and how hard it was for him to stay focused on what he wanted to accomplish. "I got so lost in my disease. I was gone," he said. "I had forgotten, [and] I would have these little moments where I would say, 'Wow, I had goals. There was things that I wanted to do.' "

AM pointed out in the interview that "sobriety is for those who want, not those who need it." While shooting the show, he easily related to the people seeking his help. "I speak addict. I am one, and they, for the first time, they see someone who's sober, who made it out," he said. "I see myself in every single addict that I've done an episode on, and we can completely relate to another."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1619858/20090828/dj_am.jhtml

Check out the clip!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
DJ AM, real name Adam Goldsteinm with his former fiancee Nicole Richie in April 2005

-
Adam Goldstein's body was taken out of his New York apartment last night

-

-
A visibly devastated Hayley Wood, his ex-girlfriend leaves his apartment supported by friends

-
Goldstein on holiday in France with Hayley Wood several weeks ago. They reportedly split this week, with the DJ left devastated

-

Paris Hilton and Demi Moore leave messages in tribute to the star on Twitter

-

-
DJ AM's last message on Twitter on August 25, after wrapping his MTV show

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DJ AM's Death -- Not a Suicide

Posted Aug 31st 2009 2:00AM by TMZ Staff

Law enforcement sources directly connected with the death of DJ AM tell us that his death was the result of an accidental overdose and not a suicide -- and there is a tragic, ironic twist of fate.

Our sources say DJ AM, a recovering addict, developed a dependency to Xanax and other benzodiazepines (a group of drugs used to treat anxiety) as a direct result of the plane crash a year ago. We're told AM (aka Adam Goldstein) developed a tremendous anxiety over flying -- something he had to do frequently for his job. We're told doctors began prescribing Xanax and other anti-anxiety medications to relieve his fear, but the benzos triggered a relapse into addiction. We're told benzos are particularly dicey for recovering addicts.

Our sources say DJ AM's relapse was "recent" -- he was not abusing for a prolonged period of time before his death.

We're also told the OD had "absolutely nothing to do with his recent breakup."

Our sources say the evidence strongly indicates cause of death will be a combination of crack cocaine and benzos.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/31/dj-am-dead-suicide/

I am still so shattered.... [Frown]

His ex-fiancee Nicole Richie hasn't been on Twitter for over three days now. She must be so down right now. Richie is due to deliver her second child any day now.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rip

edit: SUICIDE!?

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Was it suicide?

DJ AM funeral takes place after autopsy finds 9 powerful painkillers in stomach

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 10:55 PM on 02nd September 2009

Police sources say eight undigested powerful painkiller pills OxyContin were found in his stomach and one in his mouth, it has been reported.

The news came as the funeral was due to take place of the celebrity disc jockey - real name Adam Goldstein.

The small Jewish service was due to be laid to rest at the Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary.
A police source said the evidence suggested Goldstein swallowed the tablets quickly, heightening speculation he took his own life.

A law enforcement source told celebrity website People.com: 'He wanted to die. 'He was going unconscious when he took the last one. He didn't even swallow it.'

It has also been claimed that police found a Valentine's Day card from girlfriend Haley Wood close to his body in his New York apartment, dated February 14.

The message inside read: 'Thank God you're in my life. I love you.' It had been claimed that the 36-year-old was devastated after she broke up with him.

The self-confessed former crack addict and former fiance of Nicole Richie was found dead in his $2 million USD SoHo home on Friday night.

His body was reportedly surrounded by drugs paraphernalia, including a crack pipe and prescription pill bottles.

What is OxyContin?
OxyContin is the brand name for a prescription pain medication containing the ingredient Oxycodone. It exists in tablet, capsule and liquid form.
OxyContin is one drug in a class of narcotic opioids prescribed by doctors to treat severe pain.
Taking a large single dose could cause severe respiratory depression or death.
OxyContin may interact with other medications and are only safe to use with other medications under a doctor's supervision. Typically, they should not be used with substances such as alcohol or drugs.

A half-empty bag of crack cocaine was also found, sources say.

And a mirror was propped up against the door of the bedroom in which authorities found him. When police pushed open the door, the mirror shattered.
Meanwhile, Goldstein's lover Wood insists they were still together at the time of his death.

The model said: 'Any indication that this horribly tragic accident happened because of a rumoured break-up is not only untrue but disgusting.

'We were very much together at the time of his passing, and I love him very much.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1210769/DJ-AM-committed-suicide-autopsy-finds-multiple-undigested-powerful-painkillers.html

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
 -

"I can't believe I made it," he said. "I've prayed every night for the past 10 years. There's a lot more to thank God for now. ... I was saved for a reason. Maybe I'm going to help someone else. I don't question it. All I know is I'm thankful to be here." ~ DJ AM, October 2008

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Short clip of the funeral:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/09/travis-barker-among-mourners-funeral-dj-am

-

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i do not know who he is but any death is sad.rich or poor.

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Adam Michael Goldstein (DJ AM) Memorial Film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ce_C2Cako

"His best friend and manager, who only went by the initials JB, said that Adam texted him the night he passed. The text read:

“I’m not sure why I’m still here. Please pray that it passes. Please pray for me.”

http://www.okmagazine.com/2009/09/dj-ams-friends-and-family-pay-tribute/

What is 'survivor guilt'?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_guilt

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com