EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Paranormal activity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paranormal activity
to_hell_and_back
Member # 16710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for to_hell_and_back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...saw it with my man the other night. It was the stupidest movie I've ever seen and thirty minutes into it he had to stop me from walking out and sneaking into another movie to avoid wasting my ten buckaroo. I have no idea how people found this scary. It took forevvvvvver for anything scary to happen and by the time it started it was nuthin more than a thud. Total crap man.
Posts: 59 | From: killadelphia | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Admirable and brave. I on the other hand after watching this movie had to sleep with a night light and Baseball Bat next to my bed.
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not like how the audience acted like the audience in the trailer. It was a very rowdy crowd. Nice and scary, but nothing like they bragged in the goddam trailer about. Girl had big boobs, though.
Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not think it was scary at all. I watched a download of the original 2007 cut and apparently it had a different ending than the one currently running in theaters.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clear and QSY:
I did not think it was scary at all. I watched a download of the original 2007 cut and apparently it had a different ending than the one currently running in theaters.

Please, do tell...
Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well in the ending I saw, the girl got up and stood by the bed staring at her boyfriend for a few hours. Then she turns and goes downstairs. She starts screaming when she gets downstairs and he jumps up out of bed but does not take the camera off the tripod. So we can't see what is happening when he gets downstairs, but we hear a sturggle. Then we hear footsteps coming back up the stairs very loudly and slowly. The girl comes into the room holding a huge knife. She sits down on the floor and starts rocking back and forth. The we see the clock fast forward as she sits there for over 13 hours. The phone rings a few times and we hear the answering maching pick up. Her friend comes by the house at about 10 pm looking for her and walks in to the house. Again, it happens all off camera because the camera is still mounted on the tripod in the bedroom. Anyway, the friend finds a stabbed boyfriend in the kitchen and runs out of the house screaming. About 20 minutes later the police arrive. We hear them moving around downstairs and calling for an ambulance but they say "this one is dead". Then they come upstairs and see the girl rocking back and forth on the floor. She jumps up and approaches them still holding the knife. They tell her to stop and draw their guns. Suddenly she is shot which surprises even the cops because neither of them fired their weapons. The shots came from the back bedroom by the closet. The cops start to search the room but find nothing. Then they come back to the master bedroom and discover the camera on. That's the end. The credits say: Thanks to the family of Mica and what's her name for providing the footage.

I heard the one in theaters has a different ending like she throws his body at the camera and then disappears...

I like the ending I saw better. Everything made sense except the mysterious shots fired from the spare bedroom. It would have made more sense if the police shot her. After all she was running towards them with a knife. They would have been justified in shooting.

EDIT: I watched the ending 4 times to watch for flare from the officers gun. I did not see it. Also the cop said "Where did they come from - back there?" and I assume he was talking about the shots that were fired at her. According to WIKI - the police were the ones that shot her. But if you watch the scene it is not clear cut.

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Here is what WIKI wrote about the alternative endings. There are 3 endings all together:

Alternate versions
Several different versions of the film exist.[12] The ending currently being seen in theaters does not match endings previously seen at the Screamfest and Burbank screening.[13][14]

Original Version
The original cut of the film, which was sent to potential distributors, was somewhat different from the version currently being shown in theaters. While the original was longer, at 97 minutes, several scenes present in the theatrical version were absent, such as Katie discovering her keys on the floor and Micah's picture being slashed. The original cut also included an extended scene involving internet video footage of a possessed girl (whose story on the internet was read by Micah) chewing off her own arm.

This version's ending did not involve Micah's body being thrown at the camera, but instead featured Katie returning to the bedroom, after the struggle heard downstairs, wielding a knife with blood on her tank top. She then sits next to the bed and rocks back and forth in a catatonic state throughout the remainder of the following day. Her friend Amber calls the house, and later arrives, discovering Micah's body downstairs. When police officers arrive, Katie comes out of her catatonic state and confused, approaches them. The officers instruct her to drop the knife, but shoot her after being startled by a door suddenly slamming behind them. The movie ends with audio of the police discovering the camera as the credits roll.[15]

Third version
According to director Oren Peli, a third version of the film was shown at only one public viewing.[16] This version's ending reportedly featured Katie returning to the bedroom with the knife and slitting her own throat in view of the camera. [15][12]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com