EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » VEER

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VEER
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

[Salman Khan as Veer]

VEER

My high hopes for Veer were somewhat dampened after viewing the movie. It seems that Indian moviemakers cannot break free from the romantic interludes, and improbable heroic feats which take away from the importance and suspense of a serious subject; the colonial history of India. Yet when I settled into my Indian movie mode I enjoyed myself a lot. Indian movies are also seen in Africa, so Africans and African culture are playing an increasingly more important role. As extra’s and as musicians. Then I love it when they break out all their finery and create fantastic and modern sets with all the beautiful Indian architecture, decorations etc. The women are dressed to the hilt in swirling silk numbers, and dangerously heavy metal objects disguised as huge jewellery. The men can be sexy to.

On the serious side I was intrigued to know how the Indians in England during the Victorian and Edwardian Era really lived. The Maharaja’s seemed to have their palaces, and they had their own gentlemen clubs. There is a book about blacks in Victorian England which shows a whole different image of blacks in England during the colonial era. I still have to get hold of that one.

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com