EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » The Land Girls (1998)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Land Girls (1998)
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anyone from briton seen this movie? i cant find it anywhere it looks like a good movie??

It's 1941 and the British involvement in WWII has left the nation's farms void of farmhands. Thus, the Women's Land Army is formed where young women head off to the fields and barnyards to keep the soldiers and nation fed by its agricultural products. Three young women, Stella (CATHERINE MCCORMACK), a reserved romantic, Ag (RACHEL WEISZ), a Cambridge graduate, and Prue (ANNA FRIEL), a hairdresser, arrive at the Lawrence farm to help out.
Stern Mr. Lawrence (TOM GEORGESON) doesn't think it's a great idea, but his submissive wife (MAUREEN O'BRIEN), welcomes them to their home. Stella spends most of her time worrying about her fiancé, Philip (PAUL BETTANY), who's off at the front, while Ag worries that her virginity might hinder her finding and keeping a man. Prue, on the other hand, immediately sets her sights on the Lawrence's adult son, Joe (STEVEN MACKINTOSH), a young man with his own sights set on joining the British RAF. Despite being engaged to Janet (LUCY AKHURST), however, Joe accepts Prue's advances and they have sex.

As they become more proficient on the farm and as the war rages on, the three women must deal with their individual relationships that develop with Joe, and must also attempt to shape their own destinies by deciding which man is right for each of them.

It is England in 1941 in the glorious Dorset countryside. Three beautiful young women, Stella, Ag and Prue, arrive on a remote farm. They are the 'Land Girls' - city girls who have volunteered to take the place of young men who have gone to war. They are an unlikely trio: Prue is vivacious and sexy; Ag is quiet and more reserved; while the dreamy, beautiful Stella is in love with Philip, a dashing naval officer. Despite their differences, they soon become close friends. The film follows their relationships with each other and the men in their lives in the face of war.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119494/plotsummary

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen it but will def look out for it.

My Great Aunty Agnes was in the Land Army... I heard so many stories when I was little about the war from her POV.

Cheers Tina.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if u find it let me know hun. i dont know what its all about plz explain what they mean by land girls?is it cas they lived completly off the land. but i sure wanna watch this. i like old good war movies like this.

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
here is another good movie i found.it seems u brits are making some better movies. keep them comming.. i am downloading this one now.

Land of Thirst (2008)

They found forbidden love’The son of an African chief, young Khanyiso Phalo was torn from his family by British soldiers and sent to England where he studied to be a doctor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGkzRCZxDgE

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com