EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » *CLASH OF THE TITANS*

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: *CLASH OF THE TITANS*
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

starring Ralph Fiennes, Liam Neeson, Sam Worthington.

Out (check for release date in your country here): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800320/releaseinfo

Don't miss it. Let's go, girls (and boys [Wink] )!!!

http://teaser-trailer.com/movie/clash-of-the-titans

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^up

Enjoy the movie. I have to wait another week to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't this movie produced some 30 yrs. ago ?? I remember a gargantuan one-eyed hulk rising from the sea being a problem, and a gorgon that had to be wasted, also some gigantic brass statue filled with a gas clashing into combat with a prehistoric bird..the movie was very childish in concept and interpretation at that time, is this being done more professionally nowadays ?? [Confused]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes you are right; it was done before. The movie will be released on Apr 06 in Egypt. Go, see it and come back with a recommendation. I will for sure!! [Smile]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Release the Kraken!!!!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMOqes6zwIk

Seated in the middle of the first row (of course [Big Grin] ) with a bag of popcorn and a Diet Coke..... an awesome 3D experience!!

Ralph Fiennes rocked as Hades; incredible special effects too.

Capo
Member # 17588

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
funny andromeda was the daughter of cassiopeia and cepheus, the king of ethiopia but I saw only white ppl

if i'm not mistaken zeus and apollo were also ethiopians

Posts: 2 | From: Dubai | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wonder if they have medusa in this one as well. i liked that part.

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
i wonder if they have medusa in this one as well. i liked that part.

Yes! So frightening!! Here is a little part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uho1a8hv8U&NR=1

Perseus went to Medusa to get her head which he needed to destroy the Kraken.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Capo:
funny andromeda was the daughter of cassiopeia and cepheus, the king of ethiopia but I saw only white ppl

You are correct.
Capo
Member # 17588

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

You are correct.
the ethiopian see monster so called 'kraken'is still worshiped in ethiopia as the protector of ethiopia and ethiopians.  -

http://www.theoi.com/Ther/KetosAithiopios.html

some ethiopians believe that the see monster was created by god to protect ethiopians, even haile selassie worshipped korit/see monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XDpkZL5808

Posts: 2 | From: Dubai | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Interesting to know.

Check out this art of an Egyptian Medusa:

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

No Zeus and Apollo were not Ethiopians, but you right about the rest. By the way, 'Ethiopia' in this case actually meant ancient Canaan in the Levant, specifically the coastal city of Joppa (Yaffa). In the movie it was the Greek city of Argos.

I saw the movie recently, and I wasn't impressed. Yes the special effects were good, but the story was butchered beyond recognition. The original movie from 1981 was more faithful to the story than this mess. Other than the Joppa-Argo shift there were so much Hollywood crap, one unfamiliar with the original myth would be surprised.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

If we want to go there all of the Gods were originally supposed to be Ethiopian in a sense. And in fact the names of the Gods were speculated to have come from Ethiopia. Zeus was called the black bottomed as well in at least one Greek source. While Apollo's name was originally Upullon and was said by an ancient Greek to have been to have come from the name of Up Wau or Upau in Egypt. Can't remember where i read this at the moment. In any case both words were related to the word Ba'al among semitic or Afro-Asiatic speakers or Canaanites.

Bali still means my lord among the Mahra.

Ethiopia or the area around Yafa in modern southern Arabia was likely the original Canaanite area spoken of in Greek sources as Ethiopia. The black Arabian tribe of Kena'ani still occupies southern Hejaz as it does Israel.

Yes - the Canaanites are still in their lands.

I can't remember if it was Higgins or Massey who said when you look into the origins of all the Gods they are portrayed as black in the earliest representations. But since such sources are no longer relevant in an academic sense no point in getting into it here.

in any case these are all names with astronomical and in fact cosmoastrological significance and brought to the Western world by the people whom knew the stars and planets the best "the Ethiopians" i.e. the black people.

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

I saw the movie recently, and I wasn't impressed. Yes the special effects were good, but the story was butchered beyond recognition. The original movie from 1981 was more faithful to the story than this mess. Other than the Joppa-Argo shift there were so much Hollywood crap, one unfamiliar with the original myth would be surprised.

I have not seen the old movie so I can't compare but for sure my son and I had a hell of the time at the movies. Infact he told me the very same evening he wants to go to watch it again.

And that's all what it is about - Hollywood mean entertainment. Don't bother about inaccurate stuff, forget about conspiracy theories whatsorever... just go and enjoy yourself for 90 minutes.

unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 16-year-old son wasn't impressed either. He liked the original one better.
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com