EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » American Violet (2008)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: American Violet (2008)
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
being from texas i know how bad racism is.. this movie just proves it.. i just finished watching it and its a great movie....

-

A single African-American mother struggles to clear her name after being wrongly accused and arrested for dealing drugs in an impoverished town in Texas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv8Jq09qU1Q

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LocDiva
Member # 13393

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LocDiva   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina, I saw this movie as part of my church's black History Month Series. What I couldn't understand why she stayed. I would have to get awayyyyyy! The prosecuter was still in office. He could have retaliated. I pray that she and her family are okay.

--------------------
Give God The Credit

Posts: 71 | From: Cleve OH | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LocDiva:
Tina, I saw this movie as part of my church's black History Month Series. What I couldn't understand why she stayed. I would have to get awayyyyyy! The prosecuter was still in office. He could have retaliated. I pray that she and her family are okay.

she stayed cas that is her home. and she is a strong black woman that wont let some racist asshole run her out of her life and home.good for her.
and the prosicuter was already deemed a racist and she won. so if he retaliated i dont think it would have went well with the public cas they would have believed her she had already won. what more could he take from her? he already tried to destroy her life.and failed.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina thanks for the recommendation - Looks great, I'll defintely watch it.

I skipped over your last post about "she stayed". No spoilers please.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
Tina thanks for the recommendation - Looks great, I'll defintely watch it.

I skipped over your last post about "she stayed". No spoilers please.

sorry. but it is a good movie

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com