EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Will Packer Sets African ‘Warrior Queen’ Amanirenas Tale At Universal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Will Packer Sets African ‘Warrior Queen’ Amanirenas Tale At Universal
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was already posted on another forum a long time ago and I decided to post it here. But I been waiting for a movie like this to happen for A LOOOOONG TIME. The Queens of Cadance are my most favorite queens in not just African history but history overall! This movie HAS to be good and HAS to be done right.

I hope it doesn't end up like Will Smith's film pitch about Taharqa that never went anywhere.

quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has acquired Warrior Queen, a pitch from Mark Rosenthal that is based on the true story of the young African Queen Amanirenas. Will Packer will produce through his Uni-based Will Packer Productions banner with his head of motion pictures James Lopez also producing. This reunites Packer with Rosenthal after they worked together on the Emmy-nominated Roots remake for The History Channel.

Queen Amanirenas ruled over the Kush Kingdom of Nubia, one of the richest Kingdom’s in Ancient Africa. She successfully led her army of Nubians into battle against the mighty invading Roman Empire forcing them to withdraw and negotiate peace. Uni production veep Sara Scott will oversee the project. Rosenthal’s script work includes the Tim Burton-directed Planet of the Apes, Mighty Joe Young, Mona Lisa Smile and Jewel of the Nile. He’s repped by UTA and Packer is represented by CAA and Ziffren Brittenham.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/warrior-queen-amanirenas-african-queen-will-packer-universal-pictures-movie-1202068211/

I kinda trust Will Parker. But IF good this will be a movie that Black women LOVE.

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, it looks like it has a lot of potential. Let's hope they don't mess it up.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7085 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was waiting for something like this, her story is movie material. So much so that when I read about it for the first time I wondered if it was an early script. But idk if I trust packer n Rosenthal, I hope they don't see this as a quick cash grab.
Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else?
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fingers xed and long over due, lets hope it's a standard setting hit that will inspire more stories on classic African civilization flicks to made, matter of fact I have been saying they need to make a flick abut her for yrs.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just learn about this recently.
Is there any updates?

Posts: 2561 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com