EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » In case you have spare money to spend on a Kickstarter pledge...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In case you have spare money to spend on a Kickstarter pledge...
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pledged $25 on this project by Manuel Godoy, who wants to create a feature-length animated film set in his "Black Sands" universe. It's based on ancient Egyptian mythology as well as that of other cultures in Africa and the Mediterranean basin, and he's been pretty aggressive about emphasizing Egypt's African roots. So I figured it might be of interest to people in this community. But hurry, they've only 15 days left!

Black Sands, A Feature Length Animated Film on Ancient Myths
quote:
Black Sands Entertainment is a black-owned production and publishing company that focuses on Pan-Africanism and Kemetic lore for children of all ages. The brand was launched in 2016 to fill a void in the comic book community that lacks diversity in its production, characters, and storytelling. The owners, writer and military vets Manuel Godoy along with his wife Geiszel Godoy have created children books, novels and animations that focus on African mythology as black heroes and Black Sands Entertainment aim to promote quality art, diverse storytelling while highlighting traditional family values for people of color. The current projects under Black Sands Entertainment are Mori’s Family Adventure, Sons of Nibiru, and Kids 2 Kings part 1 and 2.

Black Sands follows the young prince Ausar on his path to become the next Pharaoh of Kemet when he and his kin are dragged into a war that threatens the realms of men. What Is UNIQUE about Black Sands compared to it’s competition is the extreme attention to detail in the narrative, political relationships, and mythological lore placed in the story. It is not simply a “Black Version of Avatar.” It is an epic story about a time period in history long forgotten.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7105 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com