EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Jesse Reyes - Figures

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jesse Reyes - Figures
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C45qC5NlnDc

Jesse Reyes - Figures (video)

Jessica "Jessie" Reyez (born June 12, 1991)[4] is a Canadian singer and songwriter. Her 2016 single "Figures" peaked at number 58 on the Canadian Hot 100 in 2017

Reyez was born in Toronto, to Colombian parents. Her family later moved to Brampton. She played guitar as a child and began writing her own music in high school. Her roots brought her back to Toronto during her sophomore year but after graduating she opted out of college and instead chose to pursue her music while doing other odd jobs on the side.

In April 2017, Reyez released her debut EP, Kiddo as well as her short film Gatekeeper. The latter was based on her experience with music producer Noel "Detail" Fisher, who was accused of sexual misconduct by multiple women, including artist Bebe Rexha. It was nominated to the Long List of the 2017 Polaris Music Prize.

-

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a moment I had her mistaken for Bibi Bourelly. Thou Bibi is somewhat thicker.

-

Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know. When I first saw Bibi Bourelly, I thought she was part Black,which is true. Jesse Reyes doesn't really look comparable outside of pigmentation to a degree,not saying being mixed determines if you can look like someone else. But Jesse really comes of as a mestiza.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:
I don't know. When I first saw Bibi Bourelly, I thought she was part Black,which is true. Jesse Reyes doesn't really look comparable outside of pigmentation to a degree,not saying being mixed determines if you can look like someone else. But Jesse really comes of as a mestiza.

Her mom is Moroccan and her dad is Afro-American. He was a jazz musician.
Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought she was African and European mixed instead of North African and Black American, That's what I meant by part Black. Heck,I thought French Montana was Puerto Rican when I first saw him.
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:
I thought she was African and European mixed instead of North African and Black American, That's what I meant by part Black. Heck,I thought French Montana was Puerto Rican when I first saw him.

In fact a lot of people have them "mixed" up. (No pun in tended). A lot of Moroccans see themeless similar to Puerto Ricans, Dominicans and Brazilians.

And speaking of Puerto Rican and Moroccan?

Ancestry DNA/Ged Match Couples Results - Puerto Rican & Moroccan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM684KyC_Jk&t=6s

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com