EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » New Egyptian short story "Mayhem at the Menagerie"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Egyptian short story "Mayhem at the Menagerie"
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 6 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I'd like to draw attention to another short story I recently completed, with is set in ancient Egypt around 1345 BC, during the reign of the "Heretic" Pharaoh Akhenaten.

Mayhem at the Menagerie

It's actually a sequel to another story I wrote back in 2016, The Battle Roar of Sekhmet, which takes place five years earlier. They both star an Egyptian warrior character of mine named Takhaet, who lives with her niece Nebet in a provincial village near Waset (Egyptian Thebes). When Akhenaten's goons come after her on their quest to persecute the traditional Egyptian religion in favor of Akhenaten's new cult of Aten, Takhaet must defend her beliefs---and her niece---from them.

This, by the way, would be concept art I've drawn for Takhaet herself.
 -

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7105 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com