EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Something that happened to me on Instagram

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Something that happened to me on Instagram
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have posted this in my other thread, but lioness already closed it. So I will have to create a new thread instead.

Anyway, today I got a bunch of comments from some Algerian woman on Instagram threatening to have me thrown in jail over my drawings of Dihya al-Kahina. She even claimed to have contacted the Algerian government's "culture ministry".

-

For the record, I don't think the Algerian government is going to do anything to me. They almost certainly have more pressing matters to devote time and resources to than some cartoons I drew of a person who lived and died ~1,300 years ago. If they even bother to respond to her inquiry at all, she'll end up in far more trouble with them than I will.

Still, it is an amusing example of how hateful and fanatical these "Berberists" can get.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7088 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More commentary from this poster, responding to one of my followers. Notice how the Algerian woman associates blackness with ugliness.
 -

--------------------

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7088 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please post your drawings of Dihya al-Kahina so we can see what is being talked about
Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
please post your drawings of Dihya al-Kahina so we can see what is being talked about

You can see thumbnails of the artwork on the right hand side of each screenshot I took. Are you familiar with Instagram, by any chance?

--------------------

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
will you do a proper presentation please, a larger image.

You have a commentary so we we need to see about what, not some tiny thumbnail. You do it it's your topic, dont tell me to go to Instagram. It makes no sense, show the damn thing properly

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was the Instagram page?
Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:
What was the Instagram page?

My Instagram page is here:

https://www.instagram.com/brandonspilcher/

And these are some of the posts she commented on:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9fHKyylqwS/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B89XdSwF45r/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7sFoKPFb8z/

--------------------

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com