EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » "The Slave Prince of Zimbabwe", a new novella set in medieval Great Zimbabwe

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "The Slave Prince of Zimbabwe", a new novella set in medieval Great Zimbabwe
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, I am excited to announce that I have published my newest historical-fiction novella, The Slave Prince of Zimbabwe, on the Kindle store. It's set primarily in the medieval civilization of Great Zimbabwe in southern Africa, around 1215 AD.

The Slave Prince of Zimbabwe
quote:
Hailing from the land known as Ruthenia in eastern Europe, Drazhan Khazanov has found himself forced into bondage and brought all the way to the Sultanate of Kilwa on the southeastern coast of Africa. His master the Sultan has offered him a chance at manumission if he can abduct the fierce and beautiful Mambokadzi of Zimbabwe. But when she foils Drazhan's attempts to capture her and offers him an alternate path to the freedom he craves, they find themselves confronting the wrath of not only his former master but also the mightiest empire in the medieval world.
You can read a couple of excerpts from the new novella here on my writing blog, or listen to my reading them out loud on Youtube.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7072 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds interesting. There seems not to be so many novels set in Great Zimbabwe. The only one that I have read is The Covenant by James Michener, where one chapter was dedicated to Great Zimbabwe.

--------------------
Once an archaeologist, always an archaeologist

Posts: 2685 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snakepit1
Member # 21736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snakepit1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see why anyone would want to waste their time & money on disgusting talentless drivel such as this. People have no standards nowadays.
Posts: 117 | From: Earth | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snakepit1:
I don't see why anyone would want to waste their time & money on disgusting talentless drivel such as this. People have no standards nowadays.

What's the matter with it?

--------------------

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7072 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

The Slave Prince of Zimbabwe is now available in paperback form! Here's a pic of my author's copy!

-

--------------------

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com