EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Brandon's Mods for 0 AD: Empires Ascendant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brandon's Mods for 0 AD: Empires Ascendant
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 6 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a historical real-time strategy game called 0 AD: Empires Ascendant which is set during classical Greek and Roman times, but has a number of playable civilizations from around the world during that era. There are of course the Romans and a number of Greek city-states (e.g. Athenians and Spartans), but it also has the Macedonians, the Persians, the Carthaginians, the Ptolemaic Egyptians, the Kushites, the Mauryans of India, the Han Dynasty Chinese, and the "barbarian" Gauls, Britons, and Iberians. It is still a work-in-progress and has been for over a decade, but it's more or less fully playable now, and it's free and open-source too.

0 AD: Empires Ascendant (download link included)

There is already a sizable modding community for the game, and I've made a number of contributions myself to it. Let me share some below:

-
Egyptian Reskin (for the Ptolemaic Egyptian civilization

-
Carthaginian Reskin (for the Carthaginian civilization)

-
My biggest mod yet makes the Noba civilization (based on the Nuba of western Sudan) fully playable in another, larger mod called Delenda Est (you will need that other mod installed and enabled to use this one).

Playable Noba for Delenda Est

To install each of these mods, you must download the .zip file and place them in a folder of the same name within the [Your documents folder]My Games/0ad/mods folder.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7188 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some minor mods to go with my Egyptian Reskin mod (you need that installed to install these):

-
Egyptian Axeman

-
Darker Cleopatra

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7188 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com