Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Stuffed Pigeon or chicken (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Stuffed Pigeon or chicken
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pigeons eat vomit...
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LebanesePrincess
Member # 17702

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LebanesePrincess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess that is a form of recycling? [Smile]
Posts: 32 | From: UK | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bit ironic that pigs are considered dirty and unhealthy to consume but a pigeon will eat the contents of a drunks stomach including the kebab!!!

I cannot stand the thought of eating a pigeon lol...

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
biancaschule
Member # 18227

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for biancaschule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Pigeon are way too small and cute! how can you possibly eat them?? "

Yes pigeon are small but they are delicious.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
biancaschule
Member # 18227

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for biancaschule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tried eating pigeon and it is very delicious for me. It is also taste a little bit like chicken

-------------
spironolactone prescribed for male hair loss

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone with a good Quail recipe ? hubby and i just bought 6 of them...never cooked them before...
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
anyone with a good Quail recipe ? hubby and i just bought 6 of them...never cooked them before...

Got this recipe from my wife:

-Cook Yellow Rice (same way as white rice, just add turmeric)
-Stuff the Quail with the Yellow Rice
-Season Quail all over with salt, pepper and cumin

Cover Quail with aluminum foil and bake in over, remove Aluminum foil towards the end, and turn on top oven burner to nicely brown the quail.

I can attest I ate this plenty of times in the past and it is simple but very delicious. [Smile]

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
quote:

Cover Quail with aluminum foil and bake in over, remove Aluminum foil towards the end, and turn on top oven burner to nicely brown the quail.

I can attest I ate this plenty of times in the past and it is simple but very delicious. [Smile]

thanks ;)i knew you would come thru...will have them tomorrow just like you said
do you have to soak them in vinegar and water first , before you cook them to get the gaminess out of them or are they alright the way they are?

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

thanks ;)i knew you would come thru...will have them tomorrow just like you said
do you have to soak them in vinegar and water first , before you cook them to get the gaminess out of them or are they alright the way they are?

I'll ask tommorow, wifey asleep now, it's 2:20am. [Smile]
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
ok A..talk soon and thanks again
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Hey...just rub the quails with fresh lemons and salt, let 'em sit in fridge, then rinse thorughly. Use vinegar if you don't have lemons. don't forget the cumin (very important) [Smile]

Your hubby should love 'em and so should you. Some quails are like real small, so maybe you should bake all of 'em [Big Grin]

Maybe a nice chutney to compliment yellow rice would be cool, blend garlic, tomatoes, CORIANDER (a must), salt, pepper, and 1 or 2 green chillies, is all good. Not too smooth.

Bon appetit [Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Hey...just rub the quails with fresh lemons and salt, let 'em sit in fridge, then rinse thorughly. Use vinegar if you don't have lemons. don't forget the cumin (very important) [Smile]

Your hubby should love 'em and so should you. Some quails are like real small, so maybe you should bake all of 'em [Big Grin]

Maybe a nice chutney to compliment yellow rice would be cool, blend garlic, tomatoes, CORIANDER (a must), salt, pepper, and 1 or 2 green chillies, is all good. Not too smooth.

Bon appetit [Smile]

sounds like a plan..thanks again , and yr=es i will bake all 6 of them...too tiny [Razz] [Wink]
Cash A. Wright
Member # 18810

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cash A. Wright   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everybody,

I really liked Stuffed Pigeon when I went to Egypt. I ate it at Farahat restaurant in Lebanon Sq., Mohandecin area. I have a great source of Egyptian delicious recipes for you. here is a list while a link at the bottom of the page

Fasolia Khadra Lil Salata

Bamya(Meat and Okra Stew)

Bamya Bil Takhdi'a (Okra Casserol)

Dikyet Bamya

Recipe: Sanyet Batates (Oven Potato Stew)

Recipe: Sanyet Batates (Oven Potato Stew)

Egypt: Recipes for food and cuisine from Egypt

Posts: 12 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karinkosse
Member # 19563

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinkosse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely true! I heard such pigeon recipe for the first time.

Posts: 1 | From: 1308 Richmond Ave,Staten Island | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nevin12
Member # 20082

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nevin12   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had been discussing this issue with my older sister the other day, now I will have one particular a lot more argument in my hand when it’ll arrive to confrontation the moment yet again....
Juicy Couture diaper bag

--------------------
Hi....

Posts: 9 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arnold625
Member # 20223

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold625     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice sharing.
I have tried eating pigeon and it is very delicious for me. It is also taste a little bit like chicken.

--------------------
santa cruz sandwiches

Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arnold625
Member # 20223

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold625     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice sharing.
I have tried eating pigeon and it is very delicious for me. It is also taste a little bit like chicken.

santa cruz sandwiches

--------------------
santa cruz sandwiches

Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com