Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » French Toast Casserole

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: French Toast Casserole
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mother sent me this recipe, it is quite sweet but if you like French Toast it is a WINNER! (warning do not make it often or you will blow up like a balloon!!)

Egyptians love it because of the sugar, enjoy and make enough for everyone! [Wink]

FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
1 loaf day-old french bread (or whatever you have)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
5 eggs
1/4 cup raisins (optional)
2 cups milk
1/3 cup brown sugar (if you don't have just mix 1/3 cup regular sugar with one large spoon of molassas, presto, Brown Sugar!)
1 cup maple syrup or honey
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Spray 9"X13" casserole dish with non-stick spray if available. Cut bread into 1" pieces, enough to generously fill casserole. Mix eggs, 2/3 cup milk, and maple syrup together. Pour over bread in casserole dish.
Sprinkle cinnamon, nuts and raisins over the top. The casserole may be prepared to this point the night before and refrigerated. The next morning combine remaining 1/3 cup maple syrup, butter and brown sugar and pour over the casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve with hot syrup of your choice. Dust top of each serving with powdered sugar. yum, yum [Razz]
 -

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMMMMMMMMMMMM Sounds delicious!

I'm trying this the next special family breakfast or family reunion we have.

Shukran Jazillion Smucks !!!!!!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alf Afwan (does that make sense??) [Confused]

Anyway let me know how it comes out, it really is so easy and you'll look like quite the clever one! [Wink]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Alf Afwan (does that make sense??)
Does to me. 1,000 Your welcomes?

My guy said Alf Salam all the time. So why not Alf 3fwan? [Smile]

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com