Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Morrocan Chicken Pilaf

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Morrocan Chicken Pilaf
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morrocan Chicken Pilaf

I made this one for 50 for mosque, but you can adjust the quantities to suit your family.
Just remember the rice should be covered by one inch of water when you return it to the oven. [Wink]

50 chicken legs or thighs
25 cups rice
3 cups raisins or sultanas
grated rind and juice of 4 oranges
grated rind and juice of 3 limes or lemons
1/4 cup cinnamon
1/4 cup cumin
10 bay leaves

Put chicken pieces in a large or 2 large roasting tins and place in oven at 220 degrees till chicken is golden and cooked. Add one cup of water to each cooking tin during roasting.

When the chicken is cooked add all other ingredients except rice and stir through coating each piece of chicken. Then add washed and drained rice and stir through. Cover entire contents with warm water till the level is about one inch above the level of the rice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and return to oven. The rice will cook and absorb all the water.
Make sure all rice is under the water during cooking.

Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sounds tasty. My stomach is growling.
This sounds like it would be good using sliced duck or goose also.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any particular reason why you only use dark meat and not the whole chicken (quartered for example) necromancer?
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com