Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » I NEVER COOK

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I NEVER COOK
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
overrated. I always burn things or it does not have enough flavor. It is safer if I let my hubby cook.
Posts: 833 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay Josette baby. Thank you honey for your contribution to this section. Love yah.
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anytime! [Big Grin]
Posts: 833 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Josette, how about your fiance gets you a cook (ONLY A FEMALE!!!! [Wink] ) who visits you daily while he's at work and she introduces you to the secrets of Egyptian cooking?

And one fine day when your fiance enjoys his meal and says "Oh, Karima, cooked good today again!" you can happily jump on his lap and tell him that you actually prepared the dish! [Smile]

Oh and remember cooking and sex are the same - it needs practice to be great! [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
NO thanks.
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Josette:
overrated. I always burn things or it does not have enough flavor. It is safer if I let my hubby cook.

Mabrook on the marriage. Trip to the mazoons office this afternoon? [Wink]
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Laura...Laura...Laura.... How many times do we have to go over this!!!!!!!!! We are waiting on his visa! He is my fiance. We are not married just yet.in spirit yes,but reality no...Now if only he'd come back home...
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Oh and remember cooking and sex are the same - it needs practice to be great! [Big Grin]

He might want her to start cooking 7 times a day [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
[Big Grin]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Josette:
NO thanks.

What you mean, you don't want to cook for him?

Hell, he must really love you that he doesn't mind.

You know my mom used to tell this joke about a housewife as she would be waiting on the sofa dressed in negligee for her husband returning from work every evening. She'd say: "Honey, I didn't cook you anything today but look how nice I am lying here on the couch just for you..."

You must be that woman! [Big Grin]

But don't you think your fiance and soon to be husband will not get sick of always the same *food*??? [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Well it's not that I don't want to cook, I do,but it never turns out right! So actually I end up wasting food instead of being able to eat a nice meal. I know I will have to cook sometimes and I am thinking about things I want to learn how to cook. But not now...Let him be the cook. Besides I think he likes for me to eat his Egyptian food with him.
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't you try to cook your fiance one of the many recipies that have been posted on this thread. I am sure that he will appreciate the surprise and love you even more for it, even if the food doesn't turn out right, it is the thought that counts [Smile]
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
yea.. I thought about maybe trying something and I might soon. His favorite is kofta and molokhiya! I wouldn't dare try the molokhiya,but maybe the kofta.
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Josette, cooking really is a practice makes perfect type of thing and even still we rarely do it perfectly. [Wink]
But some people just HATE to cook - I have a friend who has always been that way and I don't think she will ever change - her mother never forced her to cook with her as a child, that might have been why.
My mother had me in the kitchen daily, I hated it then but really enjoy cooking (some things ) now. Everyone is not the same, but it might be nice to every now and then TRY to cook something special, you might surprise yourself [Wink] [Smile]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well come to chimps house and she do you a good curry ..im been cooking for over 30years now and im fantastic and yes i wil brag cause i know im good ,,i get offers from friends to cook them a meal a balti and they supply with what they want and i cook it and i dont charge i get a lovley box of choccys for it and thats enough for me ... [Big Grin] [Razz]
whats the point to go to a resturant when you can have it so so home made ....
but it is nice to go out some times and be waited on ....
BOMBAY BRASSIERI HERE I COME .....

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com