Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Seman

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Seman
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ate this in Egypt, and loved it. At first I thought it was pigeon. But was firmly told NO, it's seman it's different.

What I wonder is, is it available here in the states? Could it be under another name? Please don't tell me it's pigeon. That's just kind of yuk to me. LOL

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsC
Member # 10808

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrsC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you know how hard im biting my tongue?!
Posts: 549 | From: charm el feikh? | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
?

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Nevermind. [Eek!] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

LOL

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you dirty bugger sheba ,hehehehe call him and ask him to send you some in a bottle in that case you still got the original ..ROFL ... [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chimps ..:
you dirty bugger sheba ,hehehehe call him and ask him to send you some in a bottle in that case you still got the original ..ROFL ... [Wink] [Big Grin]

Battaly el-hebab ya Chimps!

It's Seman not semen!!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know that but you daft plonker i was humaring her remembr im the MONKEY ..... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
okey dokey captain COD..

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ Oh okey dokey!
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
LOL

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.quail-farm.org/

I think this is what you mean Sheba [Smile]

They are raised locally, but there is also an annual hunting season for them in the late summer.

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Thanks Laura!

We have quail here in the US. I've never tried it.

Imagine me going to Egypt, loving it, no knowing what it was, thinking it was exotic or something, and all the time we have it here........ OMG another blonde moment. LOL [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com