Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Cat?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cat?
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok this is not a recipe. But it does have to do with food. AND It is a true story.

My ex was a contractor. He laid ceramic tile, wood floors, etc. He was doing this job in Houston for some big shot physicist profesor at U of H. Him and his wife were Chinese ( I think) Oriental anyway.

My ex and his friends love to joke and tease. One of them has a dryyyyyyyyyyyy humor. I mean you just never know about this guy. To top it off he looks like a thug. Long scraggly hippy hair, (don't think he ever combs it). I mean this guy literally looks like Capt. Caveman.

Anyway, one day they were joking around with the homeowner. And this CC dude says, "man I sure am hungry, while ogling that cat. LOL That guy and his wife freaked. They said ohhhhhhh please don't eat my cat. So for the next 3 days they took the cat home with them. (weren't living in house under construction) Every day CC would say........here kitty kitty kitty, while rubbing his tummy. Every day this lady begggggggggged them to "please no eat my cat". It's a pet. It's not a street cat. It's a pet. LOL

Finally on the last day of the job. My ex told the guy, "man, we don't eat cats. We were joking." The guy went into this big story about how they eat cats all the time where he is from. So they really thought the guys were serious about eating their pet. In fact his wife was terrified about it. LOL

Anyway, I thought it was funny.

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheba, I lived in several Arab countries. Wherever there was a chance to find oil, there was us, due to my father's profession.

Anyway, we witnessed how those Arab countries evolved from a bunch of Bedouins shitting next to their tents and living the hardships of desert people, to filthy rich nations with incredibly spoilt children who can buy anything with money.

So one thing those Arab nations are used to, is to get people form different nationalities to do certain jobs for them. They just had contracts with foreign companies to deliver human resources specialized in certain professions "en masse". So, each nationality had her specialty.

They went as far as calling the profession after the nationality of the person working for them. So, "the Hindi" meant "the driver", the "Hindiyya" means the cleaner, the "Philippineya" means the nanny, The Masreyya (The Egyptian) means the cook (but also depends on the context, it could mean a drippy looking person with a very vulgar sense of fashion).

So in a conversation with an Arab, you would hear her saying: [Cool] "I woke up this morning and the Egyptian got me my breakfast and then the Philippineya brought the kids to school, and then I called the employment office to deliver me a new Hindiyya because I deported the last one this morning because the toilet had skid-marks last night. The Hindi drove me to the mall and I bought such nice stuff, but I still prefer shopping in Lenden (this is how they pronounce London [Big Grin] ). Lenden is definitely my destination this summer.. Blablabla".

Now why am I telling this story? Your story reminded me of this sub-story..

So one day the Arabs had been suffering from a countless number of stray dogs. And since they didn't want to do the job themselves, they found some Korean company that promised to deliver them garbage collectors that can take care of anything unwelcome in the street, including stray dogs. The Arabs didn't ask questions. They were like, good, take the money and get your job done.

Soon after "The Koreans" have arrived (which is nowadays the Arab synonym for "garbage collectors" [Big Grin] ), street dogs disappeared without a trace.

The Arabs were impressed. They kept "The Koreans" flowing in and the Koreans were looking happy and "fulfilled"!!

But one day an exceptional Arab said: Wait a sec.. Now after all those years of the Koreans dealing with stray dogs, where do they get rid of them? Do they bury the dogs or what exactly happens to them?

The Arabs didn't know that those Koreans were hunting their own dinner while doing their job.

I thought it was such a brilliant idea.

Maybe Amsterdam and New York should find a population that fancies fried mice for dinner and get us some of those people over here.

Or Egyptians should get some guests who fancy Saraseer as a delicatessen.

That's what our president would call: "Ektefa2 zaty". [Wink]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story MK. LOL

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com