Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » brownies or no brownies.. that is the question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: brownies or no brownies.. that is the question
magnona777
Member # 12466

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for magnona777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swear they are calling me from the pantry.. I am trying my BEST to shed a few pounds before I go to egypt...... but some nice freshy Bake Brownies.. maybe some walnuts.. all warm..... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............
Posts: 431 | From: beantown | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG I feel for you.

Don't Do It!!!!!!!!! There's no turning back. LOL

I'm having the same problem. But with chocolate biscotti.

I recently got a moka pot. (authentic Italian home espresso/coffee pot) I've wanted one for years. And I love strong coffee. Can't drink that crap you get at gas stations and stuff. Dirty Water! YUK!

Anyway, I got my moka pot..........my freshly ground beans.......little frother thingy.........and then discovered Chocolate Biscotti. There is nothing better than dipping that in your fresh homemade cappuccino. Sinful!!!!!!!

So cravings are killing me too. [Frown]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recommend you eat the brownie. Or, even better, a very very rich chocolate.
Denying yourself treats seems to backfire with dieting. Then you get yourself on the dieting yoyo, or you binge out when you feel you can.
The best way to slim down is to work out. Tone and trim your body and raise the number of calories you burn.
If you pig out all the time, you're not going to lose much weight, of course. But its the carbs that kill your diet anyway, for the most part.
Did you ever notice that you can eat like HALF A BOX of those Snackwell's low calorie cookies? They just don't deliver any satisfation, so you keep eating them. Its the same thing with desserts. A serious dessert, take your pick but I will have the creme brulee, is a beautiful thing. I love a dessert where you take 2 bites and you are DONE. You can't handle another mouthful. That is the idea.
Did I talk you into it yet? [Big Grin]

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soma
Member # 12876

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by QueenBee:
I recommend you eat the brownie. Or, even better, a very very rich chocolate.
Denying yourself treats seems to backfire with dieting. Then you get yourself on the dieting yoyo, or you binge out when you feel you can.
The best way to slim down is to work out. Tone and trim your body and raise the number of calories you burn.
If you pig out all the time, you're not going to lose much weight, of course. But its the carbs that kill your diet anyway, for the most part.
Did you ever notice that you can eat like HALF A BOX of those Snackwell's low calorie cookies? They just don't deliver any satisfation, so you keep eating them. Its the same thing with desserts. A serious dessert, take your pick but I will have the creme brulee, is a beautiful thing. I love a dessert where you take 2 bites and you are DONE. You can't handle another mouthful. That is the idea.
Did I talk you into it yet? [Big Grin]

yes , i see it's good idea so thank you for this advice [Smile]
Posts: 88 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, go with the snackwells, try the Snackwells Devils food cakes, you feel like you're getting the chocolate but don't add weight. [Wink] BE STRONG!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com