Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » need name of a candy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need name of a candy
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I brought home a few packages of these sticks that are about three inches long and are round and hollow in the middle. Some have sesame seeds on them and some dont. They're wicked sweet and when you have it in your mouth for a while they get all chewy. Kind of tastes like the inside of a heathbar.

Anyone know the name of these things? I want more!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am probably wrong, but is it malban?

I don't know what a Heathbar tastes like. [Frown] But these are sweet and chewy. Often have sesame seeds on the outside.

Do any of these pics look like it?

http://www.aldoukan.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=7&CATID=31&ObjectGroup_ID=848

Daggit, that link was just working, but I can't make it work anymore. [Frown]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doodle, I know what you are referring to, but don't know the name. Will ask my husband when he gets home. I love them too! MM!! You buy them in bags which contain about 15 -20 sticks, right?

It's not malban, but that is wonderful too!

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it' 3asaleyya. There's also simsimeyya (with sesame seeds), humuseyya (with chick peas), sudaneyya (peanuts)...crunchy and then chewy, right?
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about chick peas and peanuts but Laura has it right I think. Comes in a package of about twenty or so. I need to find out what the name is so I can either order them online or find a store that sells them here in Boston!!!!!
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just asked husband and he said same thing citizen did [Smile] Good luck finding them online Doodle, if I run across a site, will let you know.
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhhh I loved those too.

But you know what I really miss? Fateer dipped in black honey. It brings back so many memories of sitting and eating with the family. [Big Grin]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muby
Member # 12717

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah it's called Asalyia, it's so sweet, i like it so much , i used to eat it alot, nice to remmember me again, i'll buy it today [Wink]
Posts: 51 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com