Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » First meal in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First meal in Egypt
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I looked for the other thread. I didn't find it. I know I promised the story of why I was so mad at my guy and his brother. So here goes.

Me, my guy, and his oldest brother, went to this very very rich uncles house. He had a huge fancy place. Really beautiful. This guy was like a little kid. Always trying to impress me. So my guy stayed torn between embarrassment, politeness, and trying to keep them from being to overbearing with me. Hard task. Trust me.

Anyway we went into eat. All the food would not even fit onto one huge table. There were only 6 of us that day. LOL That is when I learned that they love to overfeed foreigners.

I sat directly across from my guy and his brother. Uncle on one side of me, Aunt on the other. So I had no chance of escape. I would get a tiny dent in my plate. OMG they would pile more on. Not once or twice, but I'm serious........I lost count. I ate everything. So much I don't even know what I had. I thought I was going to puke, I was sooooooooo fuuuuuulllll. ugh! All the while they were laughing and smiling and teasing me across the table. Oh yeah........they got dirty looks. I kept telling big brother. You're mine! GGGRRRR Seems I was just part of the family. us kids were bickering and teasing like any others. LOL

I got really irritated when they ate hardly anything. Pushed their plates back and said hamdulleh. I think that was it. Bismulleh before...Hamdulleh after ???? Then they smiled really big, this big smirk on their faces. GRRRRRRRR All the while, uncle and auntie were piling more seman, shrimp, buffalo, mashi, etc. on my plate. I appreciated it, but comon. Where's my guy? The one who stands up for me? But, come to find out, he tried, but didn't have much luck. Then sort of didn't know what to do. But in the end he came through and firmly but politely said, enough. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] OHHHHHHHHHHH My Hero! [Smile]

Then his uncle said, I want to give you a car. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you think he gave you the car coz he knew you were too full to walk anywhere? [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehehe

You know what I'm talking about do you? You have to experience it to understand, right?

No I now know exaclty why he gave me the car. He has a bizare sense of humor. And wanted to show me off for whatever reason. ugh!

There's another story about that. I had to carry around a couple of million pounds in my purse all over Alexandria. We went with him and his driver to pick up money that people owed him. I mean don't they use banks? That just totally freaked me out. I'm from the US. That just isn't DONE. Unless you're a total idiot. LOL But oh....we were sitting in cafe's on the street and going to the castle, and ate fish, well you get the picture. I took a pic of it too. LOL But hey, that's another long story.

But in spite of all the frustration. I loved my time there. Can't wait to go back. [Smile]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com