Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Coptic Lent Diet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coptic Lent Diet
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that Copts often fast during lent and refrain from all meat products during this time.

there must be a required diet and special menu/recipees for this season of Lent.

Anyone want to share their Lent recipees?

I've got a spare tire from being married to a man who lives and breathes red meat. [Big Grin] I am trying hard to get my act together.

And I know there aren't many Copts on this forum, but any help would be wonderful!

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my family it is not so different from the regular Egyptian Cooking, they just do it without meat. We have some more sweet potatoes (considered to be fruit and eaten when cooled off) and a handfull of french fries on your 'eys'.
I do some vegetable chili's at home with different sorts of beans and different types of rice. I like lentl's with onions and vegetables, or soup. I hate it that I never made the (also vegan) bamia as swell as my SIL can do. We can have 'soy' replacements here.
I am no big fan of koshari as it seems to be a topic on vegan days.

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just learned to love sweet potatoes. I'd really like to know what kind of french fries you are talking about, sweet potatoo french fries?

And I made a mean beef chili a while back, but I'd be delighted if you posted the vegetable chili recipee.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com