Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Cooking with Josette

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cooking with Josette
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.otlob.com/otlob/Food/FoodHome.asp
Posts: 833 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha, how did the dinner with the family go?
I posted to you in that thread but i think it was after the dinner had occured

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I made baked a big omelet and believe it or not, we had some fresh bread and I made little fruit cups. It was so simple,but they liked it. Of course I sneaked my wine in the kitchen! [Big Grin] I think it was Ayisha who suggested I scramble eggs as a joke,but I really did take her advice!
Posts: 833 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here is one you should try,, i "created" it the last trip there,
its scrambled eggs but with a twist
start by sauting some onions and green peppers, then add some salty meat, i dont know the name, it is cut very thin,, just a little of it, then chop a tomato and add that to the mix, cook until the tomatoes are soft
then add raw eggs and scramble it all together, add salt or pepper as you need for taste, hehe, i do stuff like this all the time, just create things out of anything.

--------------------

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds good! I'll have to try it. I like really fresh food with fresh ingredients. That's one of the things I love abotu Egypt,it's not hard to get really fresh food easily.
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
it also works with rice and chicken
if you ever have any left over rice from meals you order in, get some chicken and cut it up small or just get it already cut up,( i found bags of already cooked chicken pieces in egypt) cook it completely then add the onions and green peppers, cook until soft , throw in some tomatoes and seasoning of whatever kind you like, last min add your left over rice and cook until heated.

--------------------

Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Did you come across any champagne while here? I would have loved to have had a bellini with that omelet [Big Grin]
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
The only liquor stores i went to were in sharm, but they had champagne there. Dont know brands or kinds, lol the only alcohol i know is what we serve at work cause i dont drink at all. You should be able to find champagne at any liquor store or maybe even if you find a large grocery,, there was one in cairo somewhere that i went to, inside a mall, they had everything you could want, it was comparable to a walmart supercenter, with clothes and groceries and make up, everything you needed.

--------------------

Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
I bet you mean Carrefour. We send a list with someone to get what we need,and my husband said not to put any alcohol on there,because she may be offended to buy it and that she may refuse to buy it. He had some alcohol here for me when I initially got here,but he keeps saying he'll get more,but he hasn't. I'll just have to get it myself.
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
name sounds familiar, dont know for sure, all i know is this place was kinda out of town actually, bumpy road, had alot of shops inside but they were all in one isle, the entire building other than that was the grocery that also carried all the clothes and make up.
it was huge.

--------------------

Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JOSETTE

try this

Whisk up 6 eggs in a bowl
In a frying pan put a little olive oil and sliced spring onions ( scallions) and a deseeded red pepper chopped and fry till soft.
Then add the eggs and half a cup of Istamboli white soft cheese.
Keep stirring it till it resembles scrambled eggs.

It is a really nice breakfast!
[Smile]

Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Josette is turning domestic on us! [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Josette:
I bet you mean Carrefour. We send a list with someone to get what we need,and my husband said not to put any alcohol on there,because she may be offended to buy it and that she may refuse to buy it. He had some alcohol here for me when I initially got here,but he keeps saying he'll get more,but he hasn't. I'll just have to get it myself.

Josette, being a Dom Perignon type of girl, it's best if you avoid the Egyptian champagne, which is readily available, alongside Egyptian wine and beer.
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com