Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » sweet dishes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sweet dishes
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i havent eaten many sweet egyptian dishes, the ones i have havent been very tasty. Do you know any recipes?
Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can make sweet rice if you like ...
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorites:

Balah El Sham

(Fritter with Strawberries)

2 cups milk
3 tablespoons butter
1 pinch salt
1 cup white flour
5 large eggs
peanut oil for deep frying
3 1/2 ounces cream, whipped
4 ounces strawberries

Syrup:

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Put ingredients for sugar syrup into a pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes and cool. Bring milk, butter and salt to a boil. Add the sifted flour and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until dough no longer sticks to the pan (about 10 minutes). Remove pan from the heat and add eggs one by one, stirring continuously. Put the dough in an icing bag with a star nozzle and pipe into 2-inch-long pieces. Deep fry in the peanut oil until golden yellow. Soak the hot eclairs in the cold sugar syrup and drain. But them in half length-wise to the middle and open slightly. Fill with the whipped cream and strawberries.

(Note: Any seasonal fruit can be used instead of strawberries).

http://www.egyptdailynews.com/recipes/recipes.htm

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you mean sweets like desserts caterpillar?
if you mean desserts, wow, egypt has some of the best desserts (I have to keep my distance....), what have you tasted so far?

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like that Om Ali stuff... am i the only person who thinks it tastes like apple pie?
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com