Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Cravings

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cravings
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm craving sushi

-

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG i love sushi. i want some
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Micky you and I could go to either Tokyo Gardens on Mecca street or Samurai at the Le Royale hotel [Smile] I haven’t been to either but I am seriously craving me some Sushi [Smile]

You been to the Japanese house and gardens(tourist attraction) in west philly?

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

with some kool aid [Big Grin]

-

Exiled
Member # 14410

i am thinking *real hard* here trying to think of a way to satisfy my cravings - it's almost midnight so the restaurants are probably closed or closing.

hmmmmmmm thinking *real hard*

maybe a can of tuna would do LOL

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
go fish
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have so many sushi bars around but you'll have to come to the usa for them. they are so good [Razz] [Razz] [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
we have so many sushi bars around but you'll have to come to the usa for them. they are so good [Razz] [Razz] [Wink]

I improvised by getting Scottish smoked salmon from the supermarket. It’s a simple yet a delicious delicacy. Every region in the world is different and in the Middle East you won’t find 24hrs sushi bars but you will find 24hr kebab and kofta joints including every part of the lamb from the brain to the tongue to testicles grilled to your liking. There is of course something for veggies too like fuul – hummus – ta3miya/falafel places with Hashim being the most prominent in this city. I can’t forget to mention Arab type fast-food joints that serve artery clogging sandwiches e.g. chicken panes – shawarmas -liver sandwiches – shish tawooks – etc.

But no Sushi joints – so when the next best thing is too improvise [Smile] and it’s all good.

Sliced salmon rolled up with squeezed lemon – yummy.

So Micky how often you eat sushi?

-

Exiled
Member # 14410

Micky, way back I read an article in one of my ex’s magazine that was titled something like ‘10 signs that he loves you’ [Big Grin] and one of them is leaving the last bite of food for the honey. I know you have Sushi bars all over but here you go sweetie [Smile]

-

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i love smoked salmon with cream cheese smeared all over a bagel, yummy
Exiled
Member # 14410

^That sounds absolutely delicious – so are you excited about the thought of taking your hubby to places like sushi bars when he arrives – you know he might be like my wife and dislike sushi altogether – then again he might love it. [Smile]

The salmon hit the spot though - no more cravings for now - i wonder what foods members here crave i bet boring chocolate *two thumbs down*

Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
my husband will eat anything [Big Grin]
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of leaves are those on the Sushi? [Confused]

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
seaweed mostly. so good for you
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
my husband will eat anything [Big Grin]

You got a good man micky … yeah I think I’ll invite one of my friends for sushi this week – because the honey is definitely not into it – the staff at the restaurant will be that much more courteous when I step in the place with a blond chick – typical Arab male mentality where blue is heaven and blond is gold. Hey I got no beef I just want my sushi with some company.

I am definitely craving Arabian coffee now – just had a fenugreek seed hot beverage. When I am up to it I think I’ll start a hot beverage thread.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
yes i know
Exiled
Member # 14410

I'm craving crawfish but i'll have to settle for chicken.

-

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
stop teasing me
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Undercover:
 -

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
stop teasing me

Gooooooood Morning Micky [Smile]

Just order some - they don't have crawfish here (well i don't think so) and so the next best thing to a crawfish boil is a Shrimp Boil - and i might just do that tonight (tentatively).

Exiled
Member # 14410

I am seriously craving a Dunkin Donuts' coffee and a cinnamon powder donut

and a chocolate donut too [Big Grin]

They have Dunkin Donuts' imitation here called Donuts Factory - see you guys later [Big Grin]

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
seaweed mostly. so good for you

And yummy!

Gold, those *leaves* are called nori, you buy them as sheets; they can be used for wrapping rice etc, or be crumbled over salads.
You can also get rice crackers wrapped with nori, I love them.

-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nori

-

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
been craving Snow Crab or Alaskan King Crab legs for 2 years now. They just have itty bitty crappy crabs here...not worth the effort.
and Cadbury Easter eggies.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Cadbury Easter eggies just went on sale for easter [Razz] and ill send you some crab legs [Big Grin] jb you'll just have to take a vacation and come here [Cool]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Cadbury Easter eggies just went on sale for easter [Razz] and ill send you some crab legs [Big Grin] jb you'll just have to take a vacation and come here [Cool]

hahahah im eattin Cadbury Easter mini eggies
im craving country fried steak and baked potatoe with country gravy

-
anyone know how to make this from scratch?

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member

Country Fried Steak and Milk Gravy

INGREDIENTS

* 4 (4 ounce) cube steaks
* 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
* 1 3/4 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 eggs, lightly beaten
* 1/4 cup lard
* 1 cup milk

DIRECTIONS

1. Season meat with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper; set aside. In a shallow dish, mix flour with 1 teaspoon of the pepper. Dredge each steak in flour. Dip in beaten egg, then dredge in flour again.
2. Heat lard in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Fry steaks 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
3. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the dredging flour into oil. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of skillet. Gradually whisk in milk. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes, or until thickened and bubbly. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons pepper; gravy should be quite peppery.

Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
quote:

-

oh my god!
thats like 10 pounds on someones ass right there!
might as well drink butter.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

I am officially craving Baledy Egyptian Pisterma, not the metro or Carrefour variety but the baledy kind, preferably the one sold at Sultan Market in Sakant Maadi on Rd.9

They have pisterma from several countries here and even Egypt but they don’t have the beledy flavored kind. You guys do know how they go about making it. They take the tenderloin from the cow and salt and season it, literally eccasing the raw meat with seasoning and then they hang it as is for several months.

Pisterma is technically dry raw meat [Big Grin]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree PAL, Tina you seem like a big girl and once said it wasn't about what people ate always if they are obese. It's certainly ok to eat things like that every now and then, but for someone as over weight as you are, I hope someone is being honest with you and telling you that you should NOT be eating that. [Frown]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Oh how i wish i could have a Gyro - the sloppy kind, the one with spongy processed meat(the real deal as far as i am concerned) and that real gyro sauce. Oh man i am dying here for such a meal.

You guys may not remember this but they had a fake greek restaurant at one time in Medan Tahreer and they sold their version of Gyro which had shawerma type meat in it. Then another joint across the street from genena mall sold similar fake gyros there before he ran out of business.

Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sharing my Evening Snack: Pistachios, Chocolate Covered Almonds, Sugar Coated Cashews, and Sugar Coated Almonds [Razz]

Movie playing: License to Kill.
Denzel Washington - James Frentino [Cool]

-

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeaceAtLast:
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
quote:

-

oh my god!
thats like 10 pounds on someones ass right there!
might as well drink butter.

ROFL [Big Grin]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strangeways.
Member # 14842

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strangeways.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Max, the sweet-toothed three-year-old who walked a mile at 3am to buy a chocolate egg
By Alex Millson
Last updated at 2:44 PM on 07th August 2008

When three-year-old Max McGrath had an urge for a chocolate egg in the middle of the night, nothing was going to stop him from satisfying his craving.

At 3am the sweet-toothed toddler climbed out of bed, slipped on his brother's shoes and armed himself with his pocket money and a front door key, before heading out on a mile-long walk to the shop.

Still dressed in his pyjamas, determined Max toddled through deserted streets in oversized shoes, crossing several roads, until he was finally spotted peering despondently through the window of a closed Somerfield supermarket.

Meanwhile his family, from Longridge, Preston, remained blissfully unaware of his adventures as they slept.

Newspaper delivery driver James Brown, from Bolton, said he was stunned to see fearless Max outside the shop.

"I approached him and he told me in a very matter-of-fact way that he was going to the shop," said James.

"He told me that his family were at home asleep."

James took Max back to the family home at 4am and, when he could not wake Max's parents, called police and explained what had happened.

"He was fine but it must have been such a shock for his family when they found out what had happened," he said.

"I have a child about the same age and it is terrifying to think what an adventurous youngster can get up to."

Max's relieved mother Amy said: "Max is a very adventurous boy but is a complete surprise that he would do something like this.

Delivery driver James Brown, who spotted Max peering into the window of the Somerfield store a mile-and-a-half from his home

"It is terrifying to think what might have happened because he must have crossed several roads.

"Anyone could have found him but I am very grateful that Mr Brown did what he did and brought him home safely to us.

"When the police arrived it was an awful shock. They said they had found my son.

"I'm still shaking from shock after all this."

-
Adventurer: Max McGrath, dressed in pyjamas and oversized shoes, headed off for a sweet hunt... at 3am

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com