Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » salmon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: salmon
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just invented a recipe thats is so simple but yet so delicious

take your salmon fillets rub them with chili powder then stick them on your baking pan drizzle honey all over them and bake for 20 mins on 450 degree.then when they are done squeeze lime juice all over the top of them,
A , you have to try this [Wink]
my side dish was basmati rice with saffron and lime zest [Razz]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
i just invented a recipe thats is so simple but yet so delicious

take your salmon fillets rub them with chili powder then stick them on your baking pan drizzle honey all over them and bake for 20 mins on 450 degree.then when they are done squeeze lime juice all over the top of them,
A , you have to try this [Wink]
my side dish was basmati rice with saffron and lime zest [Razz]

Guess what i brought home today [Razz]
Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
salmon [Big Grin] i know you will like this [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
salmon [Big Grin] i know you will like this [Razz]

i'll cook it in the next few days - cool?!
Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK IF YOU HAVE TO WAIT [Frown]
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
OK IF YOU HAVE TO WAIT [Frown]

Patience my dear teacher - i'm going out for the evening and i don't know if I'll cook tomorrow. I'll take some pics tonight though, of a place that i know all you ladies will love.

It's a chocolate boutique/cafe [Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
shut up [Razz] i am so jealous, have a good time
heart&soul
Member # 14176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heart&soul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like salmon so much and they are so healthy and I think they are delicious cooked this way .thanks for your recipe.
Posts: 52 | From: canada | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
you are so welcome and so good [Razz]
heart&soul
Member # 14176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heart&soul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you so much.
Posts: 52 | From: canada | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

I didn't forget about this dish Micky. Tomorrow it will get done. You know what i've been eating lately ? Arabian

Simple Arabian food and here is an example:

Turkish Labneh
Greek Kalamata Olives
Stuffed mini Eggplants
Shata

and Foosoloya as a main dish

eaten with fresh Pita bread and extra virgin olive oil.

I went to this delicatessen and i ordered rubu3 of this and rubuq of that and i thought rubu3 meant 1/4 kilo but the guy packed it as rubu3 dinar and i guess that explained him counting the olives [Big Grin]

An egyptian brother working the deli section [Smile] but it was great - you know ordering enough for a meal.

xoxo

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
ill be waiting [Big Grin]

Greek Kalamata Olives and Stuffed mini Eggplants. love them but what are the other 2 [Confused]

Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
ill be waiting [Big Grin]

Greek Kalamata Olives and Stuffed mini Eggplants. love them but what are the other 2 [Confused]

let me take some pics [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i just want you to explain them . what are they
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
i just want you to explain them . what are they

You’ll have to excuse me Micky I am being ‘aleel adab’ (acting stupid/silly) [Big Grin] [Razz]

Labneh = cream cheese (sort of)
Shata =minced chilies w/ sauce
Foosolya = blended kidney beans: this is heated/cooked in little oil in sauteed onions and tomatoes

Usually arabs have these each in a plate and they use the pita bread to eat from each plate.

Again my dear teacher excuse me [Smile]

Exiled
Member # 14410

Micky - you there babe - i will burn that salmon tomorrow if you are mad at me [Razz]

I am an idiot from time to time - i can't always be brilliant [Razz]

So you are the last person i want to upset and if you are upset then do forgive my imbecilic ass.

yours

A

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i am here i am cooking now
a roasted chicken stuffed with garlic and pickled lemons [Razz]
and dont burn the salmon just bake it [Big Grin] never can be mad at you big A [Wink]

Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i am here i am cooking now
a roasted chicken stuffed with garlic and pickled lemons [Razz]
and dont burn the salmon just bake it [Big Grin] never can be mad at you big A [Wink]

That sounds sooo delicious - roasted chicken w/stuffed garlic(i know u love to stuff your birds with garlic) and with pickled lemons Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You make me smile Philly [Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
thanks A cant wait to see that salmon tomorrow [Wink]
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:

thank you for adding to the pressure [Razz]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
you know me keep ya on your toes [Razz]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
wherEs the salmon A [Confused] [Confused]
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiled:
quote:

thank you for adding to the pressure [Razz]
come on you can handle to pressure bro!
Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
yeahhhhhhhhhh where is he? [Razz]
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am here my ES friends [Smile]

The Salmon is seasoned with Chili Powder and drizzled with honey. I snapped a few pics, at this point the oven is pre-heating. And soon i will put it inside.

Question: Do i cover the salmon while it's baking or not?

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Would someone please go and check the chocolate factory for Exile? [Big Grin]
Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Originally posted by Somewhere in the sands:
quote:

Would someone please go and check the chocolate factory for Exile? [Big Grin]
[Smile]

I do have a sweet tooth from time to time and tonight i will showcase with the salmon a simple yet very sweet and delicious Arabian dessert and Arabian drink.

[Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
[Roll Eyes]
Exiled
Member # 14410

Sorry for the wait Micky - i had to take a call (international) - and it tasted delicious although i think my tefal baking dish is ruined [Razz]

-

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
yummo . noooooooooooo just put it back on the stove and let water boil in it it will come clean on high
. did i tell you to put it on a oven pan with aluminin
foil on it cause it will stick with the honey? how did you like it though [Confused]

Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
yummo . noooooooooooo just put it back on the stove and let water boil in it it will come clean on high
. did i tell you to put it on a oven pan with aluminin
foil on it cause it will stick with the honey? how did you like it though [Confused]

Too little too late as i ate it all up [Big Grin] - and yes it was delicious [Wink]

And i used my instincts and covered it with aluminum foil - i probably wouldn't have but i have one of those thick commercial rolls of aluminum foil on my counter and i do love using aluminum foil now [Razz]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
good boy A [Razz]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
what are the sauces on the side of your dish?
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:

The one on the upper right was dessert [Big Grin] (roasted sesame mixed with honey) [Smile] and the one in a glass was light coffee (semi roasted ..looks like light brown sugar colorwise) with roasted sesame and sugar ..aka sesame coffee

P.S alot of sesame in the coffee it just sunk to the bottom and actually a spoon is needed to eat it - unless you swirl the cup and gulp the coffee and sesame [Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

The one on the upper right was dessert [Big Grin] (roasted sesame mixed with honey) [Smile] and the one in a glass was light coffee (semi roasted ..looks like light brown sugar colorwise) with roasted sesame and sugar ..aka sesame coffee

P.S alot of sesame in the coffee it just sunk to the bottom and actually a spoon is needed to eat it - unless you swirl the cup and gulp the coffee and sesame [Smile]

never heard of putting sesame seeds in my coffee,
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
quote:
quote:

never heard of putting sesame seeds in my coffee,
Don't think black roasted coffee - they call the coffee beans here 'abyadh(white)' just look at the texture of the coffee in the pic(it is not the type of coffee you are used to [Smile] ) - you boil them together with sugar and enjoy.

Again - do not think dark roasted coffee beans!

that would taste nasty i would think!

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
got ya [Wink]
Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
got ya [Wink]

Great [Smile] These are simple Arab recipes using sesame. - taste delicious in winter and i am sure you know that the longer the sesame and honey cool the more it hardens - i love it hot and sweet [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
give me the recipe. never had it
do you roast the sesames first?

Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
give me the recipe. never had it
do you roast the sesames first?

Yes you roast the sesame first in a skillet would be fine. The most important ingredient is the right coffee and make sure it is a high quality one that is slightly roasted. This is my stash and the color should look the same. Not to brag or anything but this is very expensive coffee but such sesame coffee must use top quality coffee beans. Simply boil the water, coffee, sugar, sesame in a tea pot and pour. The sesame might get stuck and you might need a spoon.

-

Exiled
Member # 14410

yalla ba2a you can find that such lightly roasted coffee in Philly [Smile]
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump
Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com