Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Low-calorie sweeteners more fattening than sugar

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Low-calorie sweeteners more fattening than sugar
Strangeways.
Member # 14842

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strangeways.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
‘Low-calorie sweeteners more fattening than sugar’

New York, Feb. 11: If you think that you can lose weight by taking low-calorie sweeteners, you are wrong. Better stick with sugar and pour its artificial substitute down the drain.
Researchers in the United States have found that the artificial sweeteners are more fattening than sugar as the consumption of the low-calorie substitutes makes it harder for people to control their intake as well as body weight.
In fact, according to the researchers, sugar can actually be healthier than low-calorie sweeteners as the sweet taste prompts the body to go for a large intake of calories. “(Our) data clearly indicate that consuming a food sweetened with no-calorie saccharine can lead to greater body weight gain and adiposity than would consuming the same food sweetened with a higher-calorie sugar,” according to lead researcher Susan Swithers. The researchers at Purdue University in Indiana came to the conclusion after conducting an experiment on rodents who were fed on yogurt. They found that those rats who ate yogurt sweetened with zero-calorie saccharin later consumed more calories, put on more body fat, gained more weight, and didn’t make up for it by cutting back later than those who were given yogurt sweetened with glucose. The researchers surmised that by breaking the connection between a sweet sensation and high-calorie food ~ the use of saccharin changes the body’s ability to regulate intake. PTI

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heart&soul
Member # 14176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heart&soul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very important post and information thanks for posting it.you know what is funny is that I saw some people eating at the restaurant huge amount of food full of fat and fried then eat a huge piece of cake then drink with them diet coke.For me, I prefer to drink something natural with no chemicals ,but in small amount .I think diet food or drink should be only for people with diabetes, and people who wants to loose weight should eat less amount of food and calories and exercise more.water is way better for our body and for the diet .
Posts: 52 | From: canada | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saccharin is so 30 years ago! Splenda is so much better and a lot nicer on your teeth than real sugar!
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Splenda, believe or not is derived from real sugar, so its best you can use
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I vote for splenda, saccharin is nasty and equal leaves a bad aftertaste, yuk!!

Im diabetic and my doctor told me that splenda was the better artifical sweetener to use today so I acutally love it and I really don't miss sugar at all.

Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use half spoon sugar, is splenda better?
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use half spoon sugar, is splenda better?
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting ! I love coke [Wink] And funny enough i found when i drink fat coke/pepsi i tend to eat less than if i switch to diet/max coke/pepsi But in turn the diet ones make me feel less bloated !! So either way i lose [Frown]
Water's too good for me I love the chemicals [Big Grin]
But next time i go shopping i will try this Splenda stuff..sounds good !! cos if i'm not a coke head...i a tea pot.... [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.splendatruth.com

here you can read up on it. i love it also if i use sugar at all. i drink water all day long thats just what i prefer.or seltzer water with lime [Razz]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of sodas today are sweetened with splenda as is Crystal Lite, though I don't think that's the case in Egypt. Instead of keeping sugar in my sugar bowl I have splenda in it and I honestly can't tell the difference. You can cook with splenda too.
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strangeways.
Member # 14842

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strangeways.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Discover the Deadliest Health Deception:
Sweet Deception

Tragically, the truth is this: artificial sweeteners such as Splenda and Nutrasweet are NOT healthy -- or safe.
http://www.mercola.com/sweet-deception-aspartame

Is Splenda Making You Sick? Find Out Some Common Reaction Symptoms

Splenda is Not a "Healthy" Sweetener

Splenda's Dangers: One Man's Personal Story That You Should Know

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, everything I have ever read about ANY sweetner is really disturbing.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone heard or tried any products with Stevia, yet?
heard that the coca cola company was working on coming out with a cola using that stuff, but it hasn't hit the markets yet.
supposed to be a more natural way for artificial sweetening.

and I use Splenda

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
anyone heard or tried any products with Stevia, yet?

I use stevia in my tea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevia

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and strangeways...is mercola paying you to get people to their website??
whats up with that?

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com