Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Cinnamon and apple cake

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cinnamon and apple cake
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chuck into a food processor and whisk up, no need to cream and all that jazz.

100g flour
100g sugar
100g butter or oil
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp baking powder
rind of one large orange and the juice
Tbsp cinnamon powder

then stir in

2 apples 1cm cubed with skin on but cored
1 grated carrot

Pour mixture into a greased baking tin and bake in oven on 210 dgrees for about 40 mins or until ready.

Leave to cool and then cut and eat.
It has a very light and fluffy texture [Wink]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This actually looks easy and good.
Remember my tip, always add 1/4 cup maynnoaise to any cake mix to make sure it comes out rich and moist - it is the secret! [Wink]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seriously dont add the mayo till you taste how moist this one is. If it turns out dry you can beat me with a shovel over the head [Wink]
Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? Even with the citrus it isn't dry?? How? [Confused]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
This actually looks easy and good.
Remember my tip, always add 1/4 cup maynnoaise to any cake mix to make sure it comes out rich and moist - it is the secret! [Wink]

smucks , i do this too and sometimes with fruit cakes we use applesauce instead [Razz] spell check [Big Grin] mayonnaise [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Really? Even with the citrus it isn't dry?? How? [Confused]

Smuckers, carrot can add a bit of moisture to cakes too, no?
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com