Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » SMOOTHIES

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SMOOTHIES
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great weather for smoothies! I know there are a couple of members who love them as much as I do, so please put your favorite recipes here!

Here is mine:

The tropical colada

2 cups of pineapple juice
1 cup of water
1 heaping cup of bananas
1/2 cup of coconut
1 cup of ice
2 cups of frozen yogurt

throw it all in a blender and enjoy !

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like smoothies too but they are 'less complicated' than yours. [Wink]

1/2 Mango
strawberries
1 cup of bananas
1 cup of oranges
1 cup of ice

or

3 peaches
strawberries
1 cup of bananas
1 cup of ice

or

1 cup of apple-juice
strawberries
grapefruit juice
oranges
1 cup of bananas
1 cup of pineapple juice

Nice thread! [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhh that last one looks great, I might give it a try!!!
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Great weather for smoothies! I know there are a couple of members who love them as much as I do, so please put your favorite recipes here!

Smuckers, I'm afraid I don't really have a recipe. I usually just take a look in the fridge and throw some stuff together.

-

I'm actually having a smoothie right now. It's made of:

~ four local bananas
~ a small cantaloupe
~ juice of two lemons
~ mango (They are not in season but I found some in the freezer.)
~ a big carrot
~ dash of coconut cream
~ some soymilk

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

How does the carrot do in that recipe?
I wouldn't think throwing a carrot with the fruit would be good, is it?? [Confused]

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not? [Wink] Carrots have a slightly sweet taste anyway, and imo when blended with sweet things like banana, for example, it makes for a very nice taste (and color).

Think carrot cake!

edited ... Look what I just found!
I like the idea of putting some dates in there, will try that next time.

Carrot Smoothie

1 cup frozen vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup finely grated carrots
1/2 cup cold carrot juice
1/2 cup soft silken tofu
2 Tablespoons orange juice concentrate
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1 pinch salt

Apple, Banana, Carrot and Orange Smoothie

1 apple, large, sweet
1 banana, large, ripe
1 carrot, large
1 orange, large
3 dates, pitted
1 tablespoon flax seed, whole, raw
1 cup ice cubes

This smoothie is best if prepared with equal volumes of apples, bananas, carrots, and oranges. Wash and quarter the apple, removing the core from each quarter. Place in a high speed blender. Peel the banana and add to the blender. Wash and peel the carrot, cut into pieces, and add to the blender. Peel the orange, remove any seeds, and add to the blender. Add the dates, flax seed and the ice. Cover the blender and blend at high speed until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add a little cold water. Serve in a glass with a straw, and enjoy!

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

I'll have to give it a try. [Wink]
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Yesterday I used:

~ 4 local bananas
~ a handful of dates
~ a few tablespoons of tahina
~ soymilk

Very rich and yummy.  -

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Tahina!? Who would have thought??
Great idea, I'll bet the dates made it extra sweet!
You could open a smoothie shop. [Big Grin]

Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Tahina!? Who would have thought??

It's not so unusual. Have you ever tried nut milk? If you like smoothies, you might like that as well.  -

Almond Milk

1 cup raw skinned almonds
2 cups water
1-2 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional)

Straight out of mediaeval times comes this choice almond milk formula. Of course, without refrigeration and tetra packaging, what else would you have had with your rice puffs?

My fave almond milk recipe is adapted from a 14th-century manuscript, Le Viandier de Taillevent. It's so easy: Add boiling water to peeled whole almonds, steep for five minutes, then blend. Sieve through a cloth and drink the result.

I've developed it a bit and the result varies according to the taste and texture I desire.

Method

Bring the water to the boil, pour over the almonds and leave to stand for five minutes (or leave overnight for a richer milk).

Place mixture in a blender and puree until silky smooth. Pass through a sieve or cloth.

Refrigerate for up to three days. Flavour with a sweetener, if desired (or try adding vanilla or cocoa).

Makes 2 cups

http://www.cuisine.com.au/recipe/Almond-nut-milk

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com