Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Frappuccino

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Frappuccino
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We make our own, here is the recipe:
 -

1/2 cup fresh espresso
2 1/2 cups lowfat milk (2 percent)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon dry pectin*

Combine all of the ingredients in a pitcher or covered container.
Stir or shake until sugar is dissolved. Chill and serve cold.
Makes 24 ounces.

Tidbits

To make the "Mocha" variety:
Add a pinch (1/16 teaspoon) of cocoa powder to the mixture before
combining.

To fake espresso with a drip coffee maker and standard grind of
coffee:
Use 1/3 cup ground coffee and 1 cup of water.
Brew once then run coffee through machine again, same grounds.
Makes about 1/2 cup fresh espresso to use in the above recipe.
Run a pot of water through machine, without grounds, to clean.

*This is a natural thickener found in fruits that is used for canning. You can find it in the supermarket near the canning supplies. It is used in this recipe to make the drink thicker and creamier, and can be found in the original recipe. It does not add to the flavor and can be excluded if you don't care so much about duplicating the texture of the real thing.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yummy!

--------------------
free palestine

Posts: 346 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds wayyy yummo, but as I don't have an espresso machine, don't think I will be trying it.
The directions say to run the coffee thru the drip machine again - which is a great way to break your machine.
You should never ever pour the coffee thru again.
wrecks the innards.

and where the heck do ya get pectin here?
never seen it for sale here.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't have to use the Pectin, so don't worry about it. [Wink]
I have a small expresso maker my husbands uncle brought us from Italy. It works great for this. If you can invest in a small expresso machine it would be great...although my mother has done the coffee thing and says it's never affected her coffee maker at all. [Wink]

Also instead of pectin, try boiling 3 tablespoons of water with 2 tablespoons of sugar until it gets thick, use this instead. [Wink]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stefaniaprague
Member # 15397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stefaniaprague     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very delicious [Big Grin]
Posts: 326 | From: Prague | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yowza
Member # 14400

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yowza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Frappuccino's. [Big Grin]
Posts: 198 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stefaniaprague
Member # 15397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stefaniaprague     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lets go to starbucks [Big Grin] or to smuckers
Posts: 326 | From: Prague | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

[Big Grin]
Everyone to our place for Frappuccinos and cake! [Wink]

stefaniaprague
Member # 15397

Thank you [Smile] but where is that place?? [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com