Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » slimming world

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: slimming world
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone done Slimming World?

just started

as everyone knows I love my food - I eat tons of healthy stuff, and I love lean protein, raw fruit and veg, but have to do something about this sweet tooth!

I need to drop a dress size.

weighing back in tomorrow

Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck Dawn-Bev.
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matron
Member # 4902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for matron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was actually a Consultant for them in a previous life.

Two of my daughters are currently with them. One has lost 1.1/2 stone the other 2 stones.

It really works but like every diet on earth, you have to follow it.

If you need any advice just let me know. Good Luck.

Posts: 155 | From: Planet Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks

--------------------
free palestine

Posts: 346 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw some Weightwatchers little tubs of ice-cream in my local Morrisons yesterday - they were 1 and a half points per tub - what does this transfer into Syns?

i looked on the web site but it wasnt listed

I'm guessing 4 - 5 syns ????

THANKS

Dawn

Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
depends on fat content, if it says fat free then it will have something else added, to make up for the lack of fat ie sugar.
1 scoop full fat is 6.5 syns
1 scoop half fat is 4 syns
soft scoop standard 5.5 syns DB honey make your own fat and syn free. [Big Grin] [Smile]

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
think I'll stick to my fresh berries and fat free fromage frais or quark!
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dawn-Bev*:
think I'll stick to my fresh berries and fat free fromage frais or quark!

Robin hood ?
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
theres jenny craig too

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matron
Member # 4902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for matron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4 SINS. But you are allowed sins. It isn't all sticking to the diet.

I used to be careful just so I could have a Fry's Turkish Delight.

Sunday's was my free day - full English breakfast. Roast dinner with dessert. It made the rest of the week bearable.

One of my ladies told the entire class that it was impossible for her to lose weight because she was a dinner lady at the school. I asked if she was tasting the food. No she replied, but I cook the chips and the oil gets into my skin so I just can't lose weight!

One lady was quite convinced that if she ate only brown food she would lose weight. Yeah like a ginormous bar of Cadbury's Chocolate. [Smile]

Posts: 155 | From: Planet Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks - its all about planning ahead and not having both a small low-fat ice cream AND a half lager - its one or the other!

1.5lbs off yesterday -

today, my menu plan is quorn sausages and hard boiled egg for breakfast.

fat-free cottage cheese, parsley, red pepper for lunch

snacks are sharon fruit, kiwi, plums, apple,some wafer thin slices of beef, and a low-fat yoghurt.

for supper, prawns and veg home-made stew/soup

--------------------
free palestine

Posts: 346 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Matron: do you know how many Syns Soya and Linseed bread is please?

I cant find it online ............

many thanks

PS and many thanks to Manx [Smile]

--------------------
free palestine

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com