Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Arabian Breakfast

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Arabian Breakfast
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arabian breakfast consisting of: Piping hot pita bread (when they are fluffy like that it is an indication that they just came out the oven), baba-ganooog (egg plant), tomato tahina salad, hummus with fuul and of course lipton tea with fresh leaves of mint. [Smile]

-

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love baba-ghanousch
Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arabian Breakfast II consisting of: (clockwise from top) buggdoneseyah, fateh with roasted pine nuts, matabel and typical arabic appetizer consisting of cucumber, tomatoes and pickles. The buggdonesyeh is more like a salad and was eaten with a spoon. The matabel was out of this world.

-

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Almaz, your bayadh 3yoon are inspiration for tomorrow morning [Big Grin]

I have a question, your plater and dish are they like fitted for each other. It seems like the dish fits in there perfectly. The setup looks great [Smile]

Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Almaz.:
 -

You're making me hungry [Big Grin]
Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiled:
Arabian Breakfast II consisting of: (clockwise from top) buggdoneseyah, fateh with roasted pine nuts, matabel and typical arabic appetizer consisting of cucumber, tomatoes and pickles. The buggdonesyeh is more like a salad and was eaten with a spoon. The matabel was out of this world.

That's it ...I'm arriving tomorrow morning...this looks too delicious [Smile] [Wink] I miss the typical Arabian breakfast!

PS: The fact that my dishes fit in the Platter/tray is a real coincidence! The dishes were purchased originally for Pasta meals, they are slightly larger than the classic size, and that did it! [Cool]

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exiled, these photos this morning made me so hungry I got up and made myself a simliar (close) breakfast. It was the most wonderful breakfast I've had in a long while, thank you!
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Gebna beidah /Feta Cheese - Olive Oil - Cumin - Arabic Coffee.

-

Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
Gebna beidah /Feta Cheese - Olive Oil - Cumin - Arabic Coffee.

-

[Smile] Damn that looks gooooooood [Smile]

You sure don't play around with breakfast!

Exiled
Member # 14410

Arabian Breakfast III consisting of: baydh 3ayoon, shakshookah, freshly baked piping hot arabic bread garnished with nigella seeds, white tea that taste more or less like teh tarik (rich with condensed milk).

-

Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
quote:
Arabian Breakfast III consisting of: baydh 3ayoon, shakshookah, freshly baked piping hot arabic bread garnished with nigella seeds, white tea that taste more or less like teh tarik (rich with condensed milk).

akhhh... ya 3eyoony! [Cool] can you get us the recipe of your bread please?

Today's breakfast:

-

3 Falafel
2 tbs of Feta
1 tomato and some lettuce - sliced
6 green olives - sliced
1 pita Bread
1 Arabic Coffee
1 Cup of Fruit salad (I posted a picture on the VEGETARIAN thread)

Exiled
Member # 14410

quote:
quote:

akhhh... ya 3eyoony! [Cool] can you get us the recipe of your bread please?

Today's breakfast:

-

3 Falafel
2 tbs of Feta
1 tomato and some lettuce - sliced
6 green olives - sliced
1 pita Bread
1 Arabic Coffee
1 Cup of Fruit salad (I posted a picture on the VEGETARIAN thread)

I’ll try; I really don’t know those guys too well. It’s an Arab restaurant in my new neighborhood and I don’t blame you for wanting the recipe because the most delicious thing in the entire meal was that bread and I am told it is originally Persian.

So you're having.had falafel for breakfast - i guess i know what i'll have tomorrow for breakfast [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com